Upscale Home Based Lever Machines - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
KanzaKruzer (original poster)
Supporter

#21: Post by KanzaKruzer (original poster) »

I've moved my espresso machine into a basement bathroom to have more workspace and to be closer to a sink. I'm guessing this would be enough room for a Strega if I sell the Mara X. I'll keep gathering research on the Strega and keep reading related threads on Home-Barista.
David

bostonbuzz

#22: Post by bostonbuzz »

There are a few threads about pid'ing the group head of the Strega which I did. I put a dimmer on the pump which is less than ideal since the element turning on and off changes the dimmer setting. Fitting a pressure gauge isn't straight forward either. For the same budget today I'd probably go for a pump machine with no-flush PID temp control and stock pre infusion adjustability. Or a "more metal" machine like the Londinium that can also be modified. I don't like the plastic handles and the plastic group top of my Strega.

I've been looking at slayers, strata mp, etc.

I have other wants in a machine that still doesn't exist... first world problems.
LMWDP #353

Oskuk

#23: Post by Oskuk »

My Astorias black! lever plastics was even uglier, Stregas only half-ugly.
Astoria ok without them. But everyone liked Strega ;-) BTW, that bar is a cabinet door handle, had to put on, because...you know.

JTom

#24: Post by JTom »

Some great looking cats there

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by Shakespeare »

I'm not sure if this machine was mentioned. The Nurri Leva sa. is built for commercial use but has interesting options that would make it an exceptional device for the home barista if there were the space. And would have the ability to produce 100 espressos with ease each day with its mult-boiler PID system

Nurri Leva S. A.

rolex

#26: Post by rolex replying to Shakespeare »

Ah, the Leva SA is meant for commercial? I am interested in a lever machine for home use and this was on my radar

Supporter

#27: Post by KanzaKruzer (original poster) »

The Leva SA looks nice but is above my price range.
David

bakafish

#28: Post by bakafish »

rolex wrote:Ah, the Leva SA is meant for commercial? I am interested in a lever machine for home use and this was on my radar
No. It has only 1 PID, which uses the same P.I.D parameters to control 3 different temperatures (2 boilers and 1 grouphead), and the steam boiler heater is only 1000W, so the steam pressure decreases quickly and needs more time to recover.

Supporter

#29: Post by KanzaKruzer (original poster) »

As I continue my research, the updated Profitec Pro 800 appears to have several features that differentiate it from the Bezzera Strega. I'll check out the HB forum threads, but am surprised the 800 did not receive more support in this thread.
David

baldheadracing
Team HB

#30: Post by baldheadracing »

KanzaKruzer wrote:As I continue my research, the updated Profitec Pro 800 appears to have several features that differentiate it from the Bezzera Strega. I'll check out the HB forum threads, but am surprised the 800 did not receive more support in this thread.
Perhaps the Pro 800 didn't receive more support because you said:
KanzaKruzer wrote:... prefer light or medium roast beans.
... which implies:
Satchmo780 wrote:Out of the options selected, the R24 or the Strega give most control for parameters you care about for light roasts.

The ACS Vesuvio Evo Leva should also be in the discussion.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada