Travel Case for Cafelat Robot

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Simon345

#1: Post by Simon345 »

Anyone know of a decent quality protective case that would nicely fit the Robot and maybe even a Lido grinder for travel?

nrh

#2: Post by nrh »

Nick H.

Balthazar_B

#3: Post by Balthazar_B »

I've been looking around myself, but would prefer to spend under $100. If one could devise a quick-release solution for the base, it should be possible to utilize a much more compact -- and less expensive -- case to accommodate both machine and manual grinder.
- John

LMWDP # 577

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

One of these might work.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-weat ... 64250.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-weat ... 64250.html

Both under $50. Don't have my Robot yet, so I can't co check it out.

Ira

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

I was looking at those Harbor Freight cases myself, thought I may consider just ordering the Pick N Pluck foam sheets if one of my existing cases is the right size.

Any tips on where to find the foam sheets at a good price is appreciated. I watched a video yesterday that showed someone spraying this foam with Plasti Dip after the cut-outs were made to make it more durable.

Now that I have my Robot, I'm thinking that I'll leave the base on in the travel case rather than removing it. I need to make some measurements of my Robot next to my Lido 2 grinder, throw in some cups (one for espresso one for catching drips) some mason jars of coffee and start to figure out what size case I'll need.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

Useful info from another Robot thread:
Barb wrote:Looking at cases.
Many of the photo insert cases are too shallow (the robot is 6.2" deep (front to back). A bit less than 12.5 high and a bit less than 9.5 wide ( I rounded up to 12.5 x 9.5 x 6.5
I found the f-stop Pro,Icu Large on Amazon. black nice looking
External Dimensions (in): 7 Depth x 11.5 Width x 15 Height
External Dimensions (cm): 17.8 Depth x 29.2 Width x 38.1 Height
Internal Dimensions (in): 6.5 Depth x 10.5 Width x 14 Height

This is larger than robot but I also realize we need room to pack the tamper, the portafilter, the filter"lid" so the extra space should accommodate. I also would like room to pack my feld grind and mini scale. this might work
Not inexpensive ,however $99.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

Looks like the Apache 4800 X-Large Weatherproof Protective Case at Harbor Freight would fit: 18" L x 7-5/8" H x 12-7/8" W. even the Apache 3800 16-5/16 in. Weatherproof Protective Case looks like it would fit, 14-15/16" L x 6-11/16" H x 10-9/16" W, but would probably not leave room for a grinder and accessories.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Marcelnl

#8: Post by Marcelnl »

think we'll also need a thread for the hand grinder, which one suits the Robot best...
LMWDP #483

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

I'll be trying it out with my Lido 2 and scoping out cases that will fit both. (I already have a travel case for the Lido 2 + some coffee)
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

feitz

#10: Post by feitz »

This should work and leave room for some accessories:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017XCYUIK/

>> Dimensions: Internal: 11.8 * 11.8 * 6.7inch /30 * 30 * 17 cm <<

It will arrive next week, I'll post how it works out.
Neewer make fairly good photo accessories at a reasonable price.
Best regards from Munich
Claus

LMWDP #527