Tour of Kent Bakke Collection at Seattle Leverfest, January 13, 2018 - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary
Team HB

#31: Post by drgary »

Here's the "engine" of a hydraulic machine. It may be the one I heard discussed that was oil driven, not water driven. The rest of the machine is somewhere in this storage area, not to mention what appears to be a Disco Volante to its right and a two group commercial lever I didn't identify behind it. Answer per Andreas aka turriga: the two group lever is a La Dorio Atlas. So many treasures ...

Here's an EMI, which was the sister company of Faema, with a one-group Gaggia on the shelf below.

And a one-group Eureka.

A Condor with a commercial machine behind it.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#32: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I am so jealous, would love to have a poke around. Some rarities that I can spot...

Huge 1 group original Kees VDW in the grey crate on the floor.

La Marzocco Poker Hydraulic. I restored one of those last year.

Bottom left is a Cimbali ALA. One of the 1st ever horizontal machines. I think it is called ALA.

Original Speedster

Tortorelli. On the right the small white and red label belongs to a Eureka.

The Tortorelli is something else...

Couple of rare levers on display in South London

Paul_Pratt

#33: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Victoria Arduino I think it's a Miniwat. I have a 1 group. Behind that is a San Marco Meteor.

This is the VA Super Vat.

drgary
Team HB

#34: Post by drgary »

Here's another enticing one under shrink wrap.

There were many unusual rarities to say the least, like this Gaude.

Here's an Ausonia 2000.

Next to a GS/3 of course.

And an Apre with what appears to be the other Snider, with of course the Lollo on the right and the Faema Urania behind the Apre.

Here's a close-up look at the Apre.

Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#35: Post by drgary »

There's a hydraulic machine at the left, maybe it pairs with the engine shown earlier, and a two group lever behind it that Holger identifies as an Eterna Grand Prix (original with clear plexihood). Per Andreas (turriga), the hydraulic machine doesn't pair with the engine. It's a "La Carimali Murano (hidraulica?)."

A La San Marco lever with a plexiglas cowling behind it like you would see on a Faema Urania or Mercurio.

There's another La San Marco next to the Ausonia I showed earlier.

The Eterna I showed in the photo earlier is the left of the second La San Marco.

Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#36: Post by drgary »

I'm glad that Paul Pratt's posting along with me, identifying some of these wonders. I'll add the names after I've posted some more. I will also rearrange things so I show photos that are adjacent, but am just putting up the images for now. Here goes. This is the Disco Volante shown earlier with an unidentified grinder to its right and the hydraulic engine to the left.

Here's what looks like a Disco Volante in front but the back is decorated like a La San Marco Lollobrigida. I don't know if there were Lollos that were more than a single group. And it looks like a Faema Urania to the right of it.

I've seen Maltoni's photos of Faema juicer and ice crushers. Here's a La Marzocco juicer. Gorgeous! And to its left is ...?

Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#37: Post by drgary »

Paul had noted the original Kees van der Westen Speedster, next to a vintage Quick Mill grinder and the unidentified grinder is a Rancilio according to Holger.

This view of the shelf above it shows a Quick Mill Omre pump espresso machine, which is an early domestic model, an electric Vesuviana espresso maker, then a Robbiati Atomic espresso maker, a La Pavoni one-group commercial espresso machine, next to a Gaggia Gilda, the first home lever espresso machine, and a Riviera, with a Faema commercial machine next to it and a La Marzocco commercial espresso machine below that.

Behind the second generation electric Vesuviana and the Atomic, there are mysteries under wraps. Andreas (aka turriga) identifies the one on the right as an extremely rare La Dorio.

And an unknown caffetiere on a higher shelf with the carafe from the Robbiati Atomic. Mix and match.

And what is this? Is it an early, automated cappuccino machine?

Gary
LMWDP#308

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#38: Post by drgary »

If anyone's ever wondered about the evolution of La Marzocco logos, here's a nice collection. The background shows a round upright under wraps with a lion on top.

Quite a day!

As we were finishing our tour, Kent got a kick taking us from the sublime to the ridiculous. Here's an "Olimpic" home machine, not to be confused with the early Olimpia Express. This was someone's idea of convenience. If you're going to get a home espresso machine, might as well squeeze a tiny toaster oven next to it! :lol:

That's all I've got. Whew!
Gary
LMWDP#308

turriga

#39: Post by turriga »

drgary wrote:.........not to mention what appears to be a Disco Volante to its right and a two group commercial lever I didn't identify behind it. So many treasures ...
<image>
-> La Dorio Atlas
drgary wrote:There's a hydraulic machine at the left, maybe it pairs with the engine shown earlier, and a two group lever behind it.

<image>
No, should be a La Carimali Murano (hidraulica?)
drgary wrote:..............
......................, there are mysteries under wraps.

<image>
-> Another La Dorio

turriga

#40: Post by turriga »

drgary wrote:......

<image>

I couldn't quite make out the name on this machine. It was small for a commercial one, and I haven't seen one like it before.

<image>
-> Eureka