Tour of Kent Bakke Collection at Seattle Leverfest, January 13, 2018 - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary
Team HB

#21: Post by drgary »

FotonDrv wrote:Are there plans for an espresso museum?
Yes, or at least a display. Kent told me he's still searching for space. Time is yet to be determined.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Tonefish

#22: Post by Tonefish »

Thanks for sharing the photos Gary! Looks like you (and LM) put together a fantastic event. Way to go!
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

Marcelnl

#23: Post by Marcelnl »

what a blatant hoarder :mrgreen:

I"d love to see that collection nicely presented someday! great collection.
LMWDP #483

drgary
Team HB

#24: Post by drgary »

Pat showed a workbench up above. John Blackwell told me that in earlier times La Marzocco would custom make the bar furniture to hold its espresso machines and did so on workbenches like these.
Gary
LMWDP#308

OldAndBigTr3E

#25: Post by OldAndBigTr3E »

Truly AMAZING! I wish I could have went and saw those LoLos in person. I hope that he finds a nice place to display them soon. :mrgreen:
LMWDP#587. Pull the lever to claim your prize.

drgary
Team HB

#26: Post by drgary »

Kent is aware of your LSM 52, which many of us are watching with great interest. I will be posting many more photos taken the day of our tour this weekend, so stay tuned.
Gary
LMWDP#308

cuppajoe

#27: Post by cuppajoe »

Wow, thanks for sharing Gary. A marvelous opportunity and a literal trip through espresso history.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

drgary
Team HB

#28: Post by drgary »

Okay, the journey continues. :D Here's the upright that was next to the gorgeous one with the blue labels. Kent told us that both are fully restored and functional. He said he would be willing to invite us back to compare espresso brewed on those versus the classic era lever machines. I'm in and am sure I'm not alone! He expressed interest in learning about the coffees those early machines were designed to brew, and I've started looking into that, thanks to Sebastien (pootoogoo) and Lucio (aka LVX). I will start a separate thread on that and will link it here. So, about that other magnificent upright, here it is on the left.

I also spotted an ancient La Pavoni upright that I didn't photograph. Maybe someone else did and can post that. Here's an upright with the cowling removed so you can see its internal components.

And another upright under wraps.

There was another with a lever group attached.

Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#29: Post by drgary »

Here are some more vintage commercial levers, starting with a two group Gaggia.

I couldn't quite make out the name on this machine. It was small for a commercial one, and I haven't seen one like it before. From Paul Pratt, it's a Eureka. Partially seen on the left is a Tortorelli.

I posted this in the originating thread. It's a Tortorelli.

Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#30: Post by drgary »

How about this ancient Gaggia? I think it's a 1953 Esportazione, but it has details that differ a little from another whose photo I found online. It'll look fantastic when it's restored.

And what is this mystery lever and the old one behind it with what I'll call a stirrup lever. I'm sure there's a proper name for that. Answer: "Victoria Arduino I think it's a Miniwat. I have a 1 group. Behind that is a San Marco Meteor." Thank you, Paul Pratt!

Here's a Universal lever on the right, and a Snider Elespress on the left, according to Holger. And there's a La San Marco something behind it.

And what is this one? It looks like it has hydraulic groups with levers attached, maybe. So many treasures, so little time ... Answer from Paul Pratt: Victoria Arduino Super Vat.

Gary
LMWDP#308