Temperature strips and where to buy

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pcdawson

#1: Post by pcdawson »

I'd like to purchase some temperature strips for my spring lever group. Does anyone know where I can buy them in Canada? I've looked into purchasing them from the US but the cost of shipping is often more than the price of the strips! Many thanks in advance!

BrandtStarck

#2: Post by BrandtStarck »

I'm not sure why there would be anything more than a postage charge. Although, I can't say I've ever mailed anything to Canada.

https://www.orphanespresso.com/Group-Te ... _2133.html

- I just did a quick search of USPS pricing. Has it always been that expensive to mail an envelope to Canada?!?

pcdawson (original poster)

#3: Post by pcdawson (original poster) »

Unfortunately yes. As a Canadian I am required to pay 25% more for all products and services. I think it is some kind of UN resolution. :lol:

BrandtStarck

#4: Post by BrandtStarck »

I am not positive, but I may have a couple temperature strips left. I ordered some for my Cremina, but I have a vague recollection of having ordered a couple extra sets. I won't be able to check on this until Wednesday, but if I do have them and assuming the cost of postage isn't going to be completely ridiculous, I'll send them to you.

It will probably be Friday or Saturday before I can send them. Assuming I even have the strips.

I'll send you a private message for your mailing address after I dig around for them.

jpender

#5: Post by jpender »

1oz first class envelope to Canada is $1.20.

When I bought a few strips I found that even domestic shipping was inflated. After shopping around I paid $5-6 shipping for what could have been as little as $0.55. I just checked their international shipping rate and it was over $30.

ryan.c12121

#6: Post by ryan.c12121 »

Cafune has some temperature strips. Free shipping Canada wide if you order more than $45.

https://cafune.ca/products/flair-temper ... 3420&_ss=r

bcrdukes

#7: Post by bcrdukes »

I find that these eCommerce platforms that use some kind of API to get shipping quotes is what makes it difficult to buy small items from our neighbours in the US. I tried to order the "Lever Magazine" as a gift for a friend who just got a La Pavoni Professional; $10 magazine. $43 in shipping. Yeah, no thanks.
LMWDP #685

pcdawson (original poster)

#8: Post by pcdawson (original poster) »

BrandtStarck wrote:I am not positive, but I may have a couple temperature strips left. I ordered some for my Cremina, but I have a vague recollection of having ordered a couple extra sets. I won't be able to check on this until Wednesday, but if I do have them and assuming the cost of postage isn't going to be completely ridiculous, I'll send them to you.

It will probably be Friday or Saturday before I can send them. Assuming I even have the strips.

I'll send you a private message for your mailing address after I dig around for them.
Wow - thanks so much for offering to do this. That is very kind. I think a simple envelope with a stamp would be all that is required. I'll keep an eye out for your pm. I'll also check out Cafune here in Canada.

linty

#9: Post by linty »

Wanted to add something to the cafune post, if you order something like a temp strip from them, they will change the shipping to that of an envelope and won't charge you "small package" shipping. I bought some new flair gasket rings from them, ponied up for the shipping, and they later refunded me the shipping minus the envelope postage, and sent an email saying so.
★ Helpful

barqy

#10: Post by barqy »

https://www.thermometersite.com/7-event ... hermometer

They can ship by usps if you call them