Taste preference - Pro 800, Bosco, Alex Leva, Londinium or Strega - Page 23

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
silkypull

#221: Post by silkypull »

belegnole wrote:I'm not def but I use the Espanzzola at the end of every session. That may be one or two shots in my household. After about six months I'm still using my first replaceable scrubber. It cleans well though it doesn't get everything. I do a deeper cleaning every so often.
what's Espanzzola? is it a brush or something? (sorry for the newbie question)
chappcc wrote:I got an Alex Leva directly from Italy and import duties were around $120 about 6 months ago. Unless new tariffs have been imposed you should be in this range.
thank you.. they finally sent me an email and said normally it's 4% import fee and sometimes ppl don't even get hit with it. so i'll see. :)
LMWDP #663

espressotime

#222: Post by espressotime »

chappcc wrote:I got an Alex Leva directly from Italy and import duties were around $120 about 6 months ago. Unless new tariffs have been imposed you should be in this range.
Wow. That ain't much.
Makes me wonder why a pair of Magneplanars 3.7i in the US of A cost 5500 dollars a few years ago while in the Netherlands I had to pay 13000 euros.

silkypull

#223: Post by silkypull replying to espressotime »

wow.. those are some fancy speakers, you have great taste! if you are into speakers, you should definitely visit japan, they have some of the niche yet very neat places for speakers. i just noticed you are in netherland... i was there about 6 or 7 yrs ago doing some training session for sales in our regional office there and went to embedded world afterwards. love love love netherland... love the ppl there, the cheese, and best of all.. another one of my passion... cycling.. such a cycling friendly place. that's one place i'd immigrate to away from expensive California.. but then i probably can't bring all my guns there, which is another one of my hobbies.
LMWDP #663

espressotime

#224: Post by espressotime replying to silkypull »

Ok. Deal. My lifetime dream had been California .Especially The Bay area. Wanna swap?
And I don't know if I have got good taste but I like their nonintrusive character. Maybe I just got sensitive ears.

silkypull

#225: Post by silkypull replying to espressotime »

lol.. i don't know if you wanna swap now given the increasing COVID case that's popping up since loosening the shelter in place, lockdown, or whatever ppl call it these days. you are probably much much safer there. if you ever come out to Cali.. let me know. it'll be nice to meet with fellow HB members and chat coffee and what not. :)
LMWDP #663

LuckyMark (original poster)

#226: Post by LuckyMark (original poster) »

silkypull wrote:what's Espanzzola? is it a brush or something? (sorry for the newbie question)
https://www.espazzola.ch/en/ - It is a grouphead brush

silkypull

#227: Post by silkypull replying to LuckyMark »

Wooo that looks soo neat!! Must have when I get my lever
LMWDP #663

chappcc

#228: Post by chappcc »

espressotime wrote:Wow. That ain't much.
Makes me wonder why a pair of Magneplanars 3.7i in the US of A cost 5500 dollars a few years ago while in the Netherlands I had to pay 13000 euros.
The current US import duty for coffee machines is 3.7%; need to search here:
https://hts.usitc.gov/current
I think the shipper included some processing fees to get to $120 for my imported Leva.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#229: Post by JohnB. »

silkypull wrote:thank you.. they finally sent me an email and said normally it's 4% import fee and sometimes ppl don't even get hit with it. so i'll see. :)
Depends who the carrier is. UPS, Fed Ex & DHL will contact you prior to delivery with Duty/Custom's fee payment info. The USPS is the only carrier that I've dealt with that didn't collect the fees but you wouldn't want them delivering your machine.
LMWDP 267

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#230: Post by JohnB. »

chappcc wrote:The current US import duty for coffee machines is 3.7%; need to search here:
https://hts.usitc.gov/current
I think the shipper included some processing fees to get to $120 for my imported Leva.
Usually there is a $45-$60 dollar Custom handling fee along with the duties. I believe it varies from carrier to carrier.
LMWDP 267