Kickstarter lever projects - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
vit

#21: Post by vit »

Ok, I respect the efforts of any enthusiast trying to make simple to use and not very expensive machine, so I don't care about espresso misspelling ...

It's pity that the construction is flawed by the mechanism in order to make the pull much easier. If it was something like 2 pulls for a single shot (one for preinfusion, one for extraction) it would be perfectly fine for me and additional fellini for double shot might be acceptable for other people, while force being about the half of the force in other lever machines shouldn't be a problem for most

Besides problem with piston being heat sink, I'm not sure that the polycarbonate cylinder is actually better than thin metal like in Robot. While its heat conductivity is much lower than of steel, heating the cylinder itself will definitively decrease the water temperature (without doing some measurements, I'm not sure that it is actually less than for instance in Robot). Hard to judge by the colors on the video, but beans look relatively dark, while the crema is quite pale ...

Paul_Pratt

#22: Post by Paul_Pratt »

vit wrote: Besides problem with piston being heat sink, I'm not sure that the polycarbonate cylinder is actually better than thin metal like in Robot. While its heat conductivity is much lower than of steel, heating the cylinder itself will definitively decrease the water temperature (without doing some measurements, I'm not sure that it is actually less than for instance in Robot).
Wow 3 years later and you are still going after the Robot??

renatoa (original poster)

#23: Post by renatoa (original poster) »

Just noticed this project was been launched of 1st April... make me thinking... :D

Scrubbu

#24: Post by Scrubbu »

They lost me in the beginning of their pitch when i heard the guy say "espresso". When you get that wrong you cannot be trusted to provide something that makes a good espresso.
LMWDP #756

Ken5

#25: Post by Ken5 »

No spring? Flow stopped when lifting handle, and seemed that one spout was stronger than the other.

nismo270r

#26: Post by nismo270r »

No maintenance on your premium espresso machine...Hard no for me. :lol:
Chris
LMWDP #509

renatoa (original poster)

#27: Post by renatoa (original poster) »

Another one...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... ee-machine

PS modified the title of this thread because more lever projects issued on KS, will try maintain in the first post in thread a list with links to the announcement post, as they appear.

Jonk

#28: Post by Jonk »

I wonder if it can really achieve good temperatures. Seems the group isn't heated at all. Looks like fun to use though :wink:

malling

#29: Post by malling replying to Jonk »

I where also wondering how you would heat up the machine, a butane burner is the only heating source not exactly precision control or something that is going to heat up the rest of the machine. It's probably fun to use a few times, but then owning it also includes cleaning and maintenance and it look like that would require an engineering degree, It's like how can I make an espresso machine more complicated and then he came up with this thing...

vit

#30: Post by vit »

As I understand from the video, first he pumps the hot water a few times from beaker to the cylinder/piston assembly and back, in order to preheat it, which looks like a clever solution. Then he turns the knob on 3 way valve to the other side and pumps the water from the cylinder into the brew head

However, it looks like he forgot to heat up the brew head, as I don't see the pipe connected with it. And the brew head is, as it should be for that price range, quite massive ... so it looks like this is just another cold brew espresso machine in price range of Strietman ...

Hope I'm wrong ...