Strietman CT1 - Page 22

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bas

#211: Post by bas »

I totally agree with Erik. No play at all. The machine looks elegant and not bulky in any with. Still it is amazingly sturdy. Great job from Wouter!

Have the SS/copper dome as well. I will measure the temp difference with the lid on as well. Curious if the difference is 5 C as well. With the all coper dome I measured a 3 C delta just like Erik.

Let you know.

ericpmoss

#212: Post by ericpmoss »

SAB wrote:Mine came through a couple of weeks ago with no problem. Sat at DHL for a day or two to "clear customs" and then on to me, no extra duty involved.

It's a lovely and effective machine. It does take a bit to get the piston gasket properly broken in, as Wouter recommends. Heating the first week or so without water, then adding water, helps settle the gasket in, apparently.
Thanks for the hint. I'll try it if the SOP doesn't work. Lucky you on the customs. DHL made me cough up an extra $86 in customs (?) fees to get it delivered. VISA charged $55+ for the currency conversion. Luckily it is a lovely machine and showed up in perfect shape AFAIK.
Cars R Coffins

SAB

#213: Post by SAB »

SAB wrote:Mine came through a couple of weeks ago with no problem. Sat at DHL for a day or two to "clear customs" and then on to me, no extra duty involved.
So, just an update...after having my CT-1 for over a month, I got a bill this week from DHL for $90. :shock: Surprise!!! The tax man cometh...

1yay1

#214: Post by 1yay1 »

How much space is there exactly between the driptray and the portafilter?
wanna see if my cups will fit before the machine arrives. tried finding that information in this thread, because i think it was posted before, but i couldn't find it again. :lol:

John49

#215: Post by John49 replying to 1yay1 »

7 cm.

arcus
Supporter ♡

#216: Post by arcus »

1yay1 wrote:How much space is there exactly between the driptray and the portafilter?
wanna see if my cups will fit before the machine arrives. tried finding that information in this thread, because i think it was posted before, but i couldn't find it again. :lol:
Owner experience with the Strietman CT1

IMAWriter

#217: Post by IMAWriter »

Personally, I like the lessened space between the bottom of the group and drip tray. As it is now with Strega, I have to use a small Tupperware bowl on the drip try to elevate my espresso cup.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#218: Post by RockyIII »

The CT1 is certainly a beautiful machine. In the photos, the brew group appears to be made of brass. Is that correct? Can somebody tell me if the ID is unplated, and if so is the brass lead free?

Rocky

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#219: Post by RockyIII »

Strietman confirmed to me that the group is lead free.

Rocky