Small mod to commemorate my Olympia Cremina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
BlackCarrera

#1: Post by BlackCarrera »

All inspired by Wsfarrell's thread that I found from mdmvrockford's Cremina mod page

I was always a fan of the buffalo nickel, and used a 1935 version of it. I used it for some time, then I later learned something interesting in Wsfarrell's thread...I learned that the US nickel is the same size as the Swiss 20 Rappen/Rap/Centime/Centesimo.

So I thought, "Hey, let me buy one and use it instead", it being a Swiss machine and all.

Then it moved to, "Hey why not get one made the same year as my machine?"

So I found a great example from eBay. Then I remembered, my machine was made 20 years after the original, which coincidentally goes well with the large '20' on the rear of the Rappen.

Long story long.....I've unofficially made my Cremina a 20 year anniversary version of the Cremina 67 with adding a 1987 Swiss Rappen on the steam valve knob. (Yes, I get bored)

Perfect coin to use for an 87 machine, or any other Cremina machine really. The opposite side features the year and a beautiful side profile of "Libertas". You'll find your year as it's still being struck...I'll stick with the '20' side for now...

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

That's a really unique touch - looks great!

Thanks for posting.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

BlackCarrera (original poster)

#3: Post by BlackCarrera (original poster) replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Thanks! I got a proof version of the coin, so it's super shiny and clear every time I walk past or use it. Didn't think something adding something so small could have such an effect.