Scace thermofilter temperature measurements Profitec Pro 800 - Page 14

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
belegnole

#131: Post by belegnole »

Balthazar_B wrote:David, have you measured the peak draw for the Leva? If it's near its rated maximum, might be preferable to use it on a dedicated circuit.
No I have not. But other than my grinder, nothing else is using the circuit while the Leva is on.
LMWDP #641

def (original poster)

#132: Post by def (original poster) »

pcdawson wrote:I'm curious - do you need a 20 Amp circuit to run the Leva? I remember one vendor claiming that you could run it on a 15 Amp circuit? Why has Izzo not come out with a 15 Amp version, I wonder, Is it because the machine is aimed more at the European market?
You need a 20A outlet to accommodate the Leva plug, but I think it might be able to operate on a dedicated 15A circuit. The manual say 1750W, 115V, 14.8A. I have not tried it on a 15A circuit.

belegnole

#133: Post by belegnole replying to def »

From what I have read it is considered a 20 amp machine because it can pull over 15 amps. That being said I have seen numerous posts where people stated that they we running it on a 15 amp circuit. When I was finalizing my decision to purchase mine I checked the wiring where I live. I was happy to see that the kitchen had been updated not too far back (120+ year old house), and that one circuit with just two outlets was definitely 20 amps. As the outlets had cheap 15 amp outlets (not that uncommon) I switched the one I wanted to use to a much nicer 15/20 amp outlet.

Please note: I am in no way an electrician and I did consult a professional about the installation of my machine including everything from the circuit breaker to the machine.
LMWDP #641