SAMA Club espresso machine - Page 8

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
grog

#71: Post by grog »

The ridges / valleys in the puck are unusual.
LMWDP #514

redbone (original poster)

#72: Post by redbone (original poster) replying to grog »

Yes would be but that's a shadow from my window louvers, just disregard those lines. :wink:
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#73: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Freddy Camacho wrote:Thank you for the detailed instruction.

Please bear with me as the boiler cap is the one last thing left to do on mine.

Do you have any photos of the final modded cap?
No worries, all here to help in the journey.

Not the prettiest but it did the trick as the old cap was crumbling. Added ring seal at cap base.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#74: Post by redbone (original poster) »

The group portafilter gasket keeps popping out. Purchased a new gasket from Elektra dealer and noticed the use a round vs squared off seal that came with the Club. I use a small spacer in order to add tension to portafilter when locked in place or else too loose. Need to source squared off gasket ideally or thicker round gasket with same i.d and o.d.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

IamOiman
Team HB

#75: Post by IamOiman »

redbone wrote:Did notice some holes or channeling though. Grind needs to be tightened up slightly and plan to reduce dose from 18g to 17.5 on next round.
I've seen worse channeling. Just play around a bit as you said and you will likely get rid of it.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Freddy Camacho

#76: Post by Freddy Camacho »

redbone wrote:No worries, all here to help in the journey.
<image><image>
Not the prettiest but it did the trick as the old cap was crumbling. Added ring seal at cap base.
My cap is still in good condition except for the seal. May i know more about the ring seal? Wonder if i could just use that instead of going through your modification.

#77: Post by redbone (original poster) replying to Freddy Camacho »

Nothing special on the seal happened to find one in the garage. Very little contact with steam since the cap sits at very top of boiler.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#78: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Finished cleaning top cup rail and installed. Also added some high temp heat shrink to terminal ends. P.V. Lusso pressure gauge installed. Needed to widen hole to fit by about 1mm.

After some use including frothing I can see why the related model "Bezzera Milano Family Lever and a few others raised the nozzles by bending upward. The low nozzles limit access and movement.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#79: Post by pcofftenyo »

redbone wrote:The group portafilter gasket keeps popping out. Purchased a new gasket from Elektra dealer and noticed the use a round vs squared off seal that came with the Club. I use a small spacer in order to add tension to portafilter when locked in place or else too loose. Need to source squared off gasket ideally or thicker round gasket with same i.d and o.d.
<image>
What basket are you using? I'm unable to get that volume of grinds in the tiny 45mm bucket.

Also, post back where you get your gasket from. I just tore my Lusso down and am needing several parts.

#80: Post by redbone (original poster) replying to pcofftenyo »

Switched to the latest Elektra Micro Casa a Leva (Mcal) deep baskets. Only use the oem baskets during the pre-heat phase to add resistance to the PF during blank shot heat up.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549