Replacement Profitec Pro 800 gaskets

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Katzer

#1: Post by Katzer »

Hi all.
I ordered the cafelat E61 Blue 8.5mm gasket, but it is way too thick.. about 3mm thicker than the seal that came with the machine... i could not insert the portafilter with it. I got it on Amazon because one of the question was about the 800 and the answer was that it fits... tsk tsk tsk for me trusting things i read on an amazon product page... :?

Anyone knows the correct size for this machine's p?
I was also planning to get a silicone seal set for the piston, saw this page:
https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/m ... askets-kit
But I am now weary of the blues... alas cafelatstore.com has no email nor other way i could fine to direct them a question... :shock:

Paolo

#2: Post by Paolo »

Hi there,

I just had a look on the site that you linked.

*The e61 Cafelat silicone gasket has dimensions of 73mm x 57mm x 8.5mm and is blue in colour.
*The modern lever portafilter gasket has dimensions of 66mm x 56mm x 6mm and is also blue in colour.

Both blue but completely different parts.

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#3: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Katzer wrote:But I am now weary of the blues... alas cafelatstore.com has no email nor other way i could fine to direct them a question... :shock:
The email address is at the top right on each page. I know it's not the best webshop but it's not that bad.

The E61 is completely wrong for your machine, the portafilter gasket here is the one you want.

https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/m ... askets-kit

Katzer (original poster)

#4: Post by Katzer (original poster) »

Many thanks!

Katzer (original poster)

#5: Post by Katzer (original poster) »

I got the set of piston seals as well as the competition screen and portafilter seal.
The screen is much nicer than the original.
After 2 rubber portafilter seals, I am done with that material. Silicone all the way here.
Paul (cafelatstore.com) is a stand out guy and the service I got from him was excellent.

Ad-85

#6: Post by Ad-85 »

Cafelat's products are top notch. I wish they offer gaskets for the La San Marco group head and the Strietman CT2 as well (those 2 machines have a lot of owners who need some Cafelat lovin too).
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

dpiette
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by dpiette »

You can buy those gaskets from Espresso Parts and not have to worry about shipping from Oz
you can't win,
you can't break even,
you have to play.
-the three laws of thermodynamics