Removing Bosco group sleeve - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
chappcc

#31: Post by chappcc »

The group is only heated by the flow of water in and out via thermosyphon as indicated here:

Conduction from the thermosyphon circuit heats the entire group.

Water for brewing is taken through the channel from the thermosyphon circuit into an annulus around the group sleeve and distributed to the portafiler through four holes in the side of the sleeve:

I doubt the grease impacts heating the group. It probably doesn't affect the distribution of water to the portafilter either since the water is under ~1bar pressure (for most machines).

mathof

#32: Post by mathof »

I think I understand the waterpath shown in red, but the blue path in the second diagram stumps me. As this is the same neck shown in the image above, how has the physical shape of the water path changed?

chappcc

#33: Post by chappcc replying to mathof »

The first image is for thermosyphon heating and the second is where the group is attached to the boiler for heat transfer. Both are CMA groups but with different group heating.

leehai1980 (original poster)

#34: Post by leehai1980 (original poster) »

nah my thermosyphon is working fine.
just that i find the design very weird when comes to heating of group through thermosyphon.

mathof

#35: Post by mathof »

chappcc wrote:The first image is for thermosyphon heating and the second is where the group is attached to the boiler for heat transfer. Both are CMA groups but with different group heating.
Thanks.

juker

#36: Post by juker »

First (red) shows thermosyphon configuration, second (blue) shows dipper configuration with the check valve

mathof

#37: Post by mathof replying to juker »

So, the first (red) represents the Londinium group and the second (blue) represents the Bosco group. All clear now. Thanks.

Matt

bgn

#38: Post by bgn »

Thanks for those diagrams and the explanations. Very interesting. I recognize the blue one from Dan's review of the Profitec 800.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by FotonDrv »

I had not paid attention to realize the Profitec was a Dipper, like the Bosco! Pretty nice.

Thanks for those 2 diagrams.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train