Profitec Pro 800. Pump working, but not filling boiler.

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Moka 1 Cup

#1: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Brand new machine. Tested before shipping, apparently.
No visual damages, machine or packaging.

Water tank full.
Switch and valve in the right position for filling from the water tank.
Machine on.
Pump is alive (makes noise).
Boiler does not get filled, water level in the tank does not decrease no matter how long I wait.
If I open the valve for the waterline, the pump's noise increases to normal vibrating pump level and water starts coming out from the water inlet (that is why I know the pump works).
If I close that valve the pump makes less noise and the water still does not get into the boiler.
I opened the hot water valve, the steam valve, pulled the lever down just in case there was air trapped somewhere. Nothing.

WLL support not available at this hour so I'm asking for advice here hoping to start pulling espressos with this beautiful machine.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#2: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Solved. I think. The water begun filling the boiler.
However either the photo in the manual is backwards, or my valve is backwards. Furthermore what was confusing me was that the water was flowing out of the water inlet when the valve was in the mid position.
I did not know the valve had three positions. I'll read the manual again.

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

From Profitec Pro 800 plumbing/PID issue:
GregoryJ wrote:Also I think the "image 1" in the manual is backwards. The valve in the back is in the tank fed orientation in that picture.

I just checked, and for plumbed in of the current Pro 800, the valve should be pointing right when facing the front of the machine (towards the closest foot).
Dan Kehn

Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#4: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Thank you.

This is my machine, looking from the backside and in fact I had to point it away from the closest foot.

In my manual the picture is inverted but it says the same thing.

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:In my manual the picture is inverted but it says the same thing.
Good to see they've corrected the manual (i.e., towards closest foot = plumbed in, away from closest foot = reservoir).
Dan Kehn