Profitec Pro 800 Lever w/PID - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#21: Post by baldheadracing »

[wild speculation mode]
What is interesting is the copper boiler. Didn't Profitec make a big deal about using stainless steel boilers? In any case, 3.5l copper boilers are not very common - a quick Google search showed only GIME as a (current) manufacturer, and the only machines as GIME and WEGA - HX in both cases. If it is the same boiler, then perhaps run the HX tube as part of a thermosyphon to heat the group? Then why use a dipper - perhaps to avoid cooling flushes?
[/wild speculation mode]

Anyhow, I just decided - I am not going to wait for the machine to get to Canada. Strega time 8).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

CoffeeBar

#22: Post by CoffeeBar »

more information for the Profitc Pro 800 Spring lever machine with PID :D

FEATURES OF PROFITEC PER 800 HAND LEVER MACHINE WITH PID

Professional Gaggia lever-brewing unit is installed
with PID, PID display behind drip tray for setting the boiler temperature
3.5 liter copper boiler
Water tank + Plumbed
Rotapumpe
Single-circuit
heavy weight - almost 40kg. This is the very stable per 800
Simple design with high quality finish
Massive Handhebelbrühgruppe, 7.8 kg
Easily switch from water tank to the constant water supply
Drain available
Drip tray with about 1 liter
3 liter water tank capacity
High quality stainless steel steam and hot water pipes ('no-burn')
Kesselmanometer
2 warning lights in green (indicates readiness for operation) and orange (water tank shows at shutdown)
Large, removable cup tray - Height-adjustable feet
Dimensions without filter holder and hand lever (HxWxD): 420 mm x 340 mm x 510 mm
Dimensions with filter holder and hand lever (HxWxD): 730 mm x 340 mm x 580 mm

Updated on: 2015/07/15

http://www.stoll-espresso.de/profitec-p ... chine.html

Advertisement
kwantfm

#23: Post by kwantfm »

Thermosiphon, 4.5L boiler, rotary pump? All of these differ from other sources.
LMWDP #602

baldheadracing
Team HB

#24: Post by baldheadracing replying to kwantfm »

That website (now) says 3.5l copper boiler. Thermosyphon is possible (one technically could have a dipper tube with a thermosyphon - that could possible address thermosyphon stall), rotary pump is new but makes sense at the price - Quick Mill does it with their Achilles.

Two parts of the page were missing above:
- October delivery
- 2599 Euros including 19% VAT
So ... that's 2105 Euros when you take the VAT out, which is about $2305US In comparison, they have the Pro 700 for 2349 Euros w/VAT, so 1903 Euros without, about $2083US ... so the Pro 800 should come in about $225 US higher than the Pro 700.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

thm655321

#25: Post by thm655321 »

Profitec already said on Facebook that it is a vibe pump, Stoll Espresso do not seem to have their page correct and it is internally inconsistent.

Expect the pricing in Canada to be $3,500 to $4,000 (I made an inquiry), with Profitec pricing increasing generally in the next little while due to the low Canadian dollar.

IMAWriter

#26: Post by IMAWriter »

I just can't help wondering how a machine not entirely dissimilar in so many ways to say, a Strega can cost $500+ more?
That IS a heavy group, but things like PID's aren't that expensive. The copper boiler is odd, considering, as was said earlier, Profitec goes on about stainless boilers.
That is probably got me most curious. Can I assume that OPERATIONALLY, neither is better than the other? Would it just be the the stainless boiler might be less prone to scaling? Or is it heat transfer?

Anyhow, other than the quiet whilst pulling the shot, I can't imagine what tangible advantage the Pro 800 would have over a Strega, or the just about equally priced L1 STANDARD model.

That said, variety is ALWAYS a good thing. :D

thm655321

#27: Post by thm655321 »

Profitec's reply on Facebook to my query about more details:

"The Pro800 production will be started in October and during this period we will post more details about it.

Best regards,
Aline Carvalho"

Advertisement
Balthazar_B (original poster)

#28: Post by Balthazar_B (original poster) replying to thm655321 »

Wonder why it's been delayed (from when the Australian distributor was told production would begin). Maybe the economic situation in Europe, with what the Greek debacle has been the most high profile instance, is causing manufacturers to be cautious about deploying new, unproven products. Or perhaps early prototype testing revealed a few things that needed to be fixed.

I guess we'll hear more when the workforce returns in September.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Bob_McBob

#29: Post by Bob_McBob »

It says 3.5L boiler and 1600W element on the stoll-espresso page now.
Chris

canuckcoffeeguy

#30: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Idrinkcoffee now taking pre-orders:
http://www.idrinkcoffee.com/Profitec_Pr ... 00-b23.htm