Pressurestat tube too long on a Zacconi Riviera?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
CoffeeBeetle

#1: Post by CoffeeBeetle »

Hey guys

I bought a replacement pstat tube for my Riviera from the Zacconi Workshop a few days ago. There must have been a mistake, because the tube i received would never be able to fit under my Riviera, unless the pstat was shaped completely different. I have written to Zacconi, but they aren't fast in responding to emails, so i thought i would ask in here.
The tube would fit under my machine, if there was a 90 degrees bend in the tube, and since the tube is made from copper, i thought i might be able to solve the issue myself. Even if Zacconi can help me, i would still need to get a new tube, and for the price of this part returning it to Italy just isn't worth it to get my money back. So i might as well try to make it work.
I already tried bending the tube i was replacing, and it seemed to work, so i think that it would be possible to make everything fit under the base. My question is, would bending this tube create trouble with the pstat? The shape of the tube would of course be changed, could this make the pressure the pstat receive inaccurate?

Advertisement
crazy4espresso

#2: Post by crazy4espresso »

Hi,
You need to bend the tube. Generally these tubes don't come pre shaped. It's the same with the La Pavoni replacements.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

CoffeeBeetle (original poster)

#3: Post by CoffeeBeetle (original poster) »

I've bend the tube, and things look good now. Tomorrow i will attempt to assembly the entire machine, so if there's any problems i've know by then.
Off topic, but perhaps i don't need to make a separate thread; It seems like the heating element gasket that i bought from Zacconi is too tall, anyone have similar experience or knows how to fix this? When i put in the gasket and try to screw in the element the threadings are a few mm too far apart to catch.