Presso video- from beginning to end!

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
hbuchtel

#1: Post by hbuchtel »

Inspired by Ladalet's Olympia video I recorded the whole process of making a shot on the Presso. It came out well so here it is!
Henry
LMWDP #53

espressme

#2: Post by espressme »

hbuchtel wrote:Inspired by Ladalet's Olympia video I recorded the whole process of making a shot on the Presso. It came out well so here it is!
snip
Henry
Hello Henry,
Thank you! That was worth a 10k words!
richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Arto

#3: Post by Arto »

Great machine! I would really appreciate to have one on the boat and when hiking.

How's the taste? Compared to lever/pump espresso?
LMWDP #103

hbuchtel (original poster)

#4: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Hey Guys, thanks for the comments! :)
Arto wrote: How's the taste? Compared to lever/pump espresso?
To keep it simple, it tastes great. Lots of depth and a lingering dark chocolate from the Brazil I used there.

It is difficult for me to compare the taste to other machines 'cause I don't have much tasting experience, but straight shots from the Presso taste better then those I get from my Precisia (PID, vibe pump) using the same basket and PF. Part of that might be due to technique and familiarity with the machine though...

Henry
LMWDP #53

Presso

#5: Post by Presso »

Bravo!

I am inspired!

you should enter this in our competition(yet to be announced): "HOW DO YOU PRESSO?"

More details on the site to follow.
LMWDP #088

Designer

#6: Post by Designer »

Great video! I've also tried using Presso once. Although it is not a true espresso machine w/. 8-10 bar brewing power, from my memory it tastes really not bad. One advantage I found is that we can just pour over the hot water of target temperature we wanted, a simple & effective way of temperature control.
Keven

#7: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Designer wrote:Great video! I've also tried using Presso once. Although it is not a true espresso machine w/. 8-10 bar brewing power (...)
The newer Presso PF has a standard screw-on single nozzle, one could hook up a pressure gauge (as documented here) and get an accurate pressure reading...

Henry
LMWDP #53

porsche917k

#8: Post by porsche917k »

Love it! I especially like the choice of music, Copland...any way of getting a close up shot of the shot?

Paul

#9: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) replying to porsche917k »

Hey Paul, glad you liked it! Copland is great, huh? I'm listening to Barber- "Summer of 1915" right now... there are some great American composers! ;)

I don't have any pictures of the shot in the video, but here is one from a while back (with better lighting!)

Henry
LMWDP #53