Precision tamper for Olympia Cremina (Pavoni, Strietman, etc)

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Katoci
Posts: 122
Joined: August 25th, 2015

Postby Katoci » Mar 05, 2017, 1:08 pm

Finally the small (49mm) version of paltamp arrived this weekend. Watched the different precision tampers for 58mm baskets with a bit of envy every time, when a new one arrived to the market. This one has tool free, stepless tune in, looks great, and eliminates all sided tamping.
Image
Image

FirstBetta
Posts: 181
Joined: August 4th, 2014

Postby FirstBetta » Mar 05, 2017, 1:39 pm

Can antbody post a link to the source for the NAKED pf and the tamper.

RockyIII
Posts: 554
Joined: November 19th, 2016

Postby RockyIII » Mar 05, 2017, 1:52 pm

Here is the portafilter: https://www.naked-portafilter.com/

Rocky

Katoci
Posts: 122
Joined: August 25th, 2015

Postby Katoci » Mar 05, 2017, 2:05 pm

FirstBetta wrote:Can antbody post a link to the source for the NAKED pf and the tamper.

I've found the guy for the tamper on a local forum. You can find him on Facebook, look for Coffee35. If you can't find him will try to get a direct link to him.

max
Posts: 245
Joined: September 6th, 2015

Postby max » Mar 06, 2017, 10:21 am

Katoci wrote:I've found the guy for the tamper on a local forum. You can find him on Facebook, look for Coffee35. If you can't find him will try to get a direct link to him.

Coffee35 turns up nothing relevant on FB :(

bakafish
Posts: 180
Joined: September 27th, 2013

Postby bakafish » Mar 06, 2017, 11:43 am

I have a custom 49.7mm tamper which was ordered from taobao China and have been using it for almost a year.
https://world.taobao.com/item/521601413788.htm

User avatar
redbone
Posts: 1726
Joined: September 12th, 2012

Postby redbone » Mar 06, 2017, 12:44 pm

bakafish wrote:I have a custom 49.7mm tamper which was ordered from taobao China and have been using it for almost a year.
https://world.taobao.com/item/521601413788.htm


These look great but the entire site is in Chinese.
ON A QUEST FOR BETTER ESPRESSO


Rob
LMWDP #549

Katoci
Posts: 122
Joined: August 25th, 2015

Postby Katoci » Mar 06, 2017, 3:54 pm

max wrote:Coffee35 turns up nothing relevant on FB :(

https://hu-hu.facebook.com/caffe35/ wrong spelling, my mistake. It's in Hungarian, but you can pm him in english.

3cordcreations
Posts: 90
Joined: January 21st, 2017

Postby 3cordcreations » Mar 06, 2017, 11:24 pm

Tamper looks nice but is there no one in the US making these? Seems like many are making them in 58mm but can't find for 49. The shipping is always a lot for overseas items. :cry:

Katoci
Posts: 122
Joined: August 25th, 2015

Postby Katoci » Mar 07, 2017, 7:13 am

3cordcreations wrote:Tamper looks nice but is there no one in the US making these? Seems like many are making them in 58mm but can't find for 49. The shipping is always a lot for overseas items. :cry:

That was my problem too. Lots of 58mm tampers, none till last weekend for 49 mm. I think I have one of the prototype models, but asked the guy before posting here he ships worldwide. I know nothing about overseas shipping prices, it can easily douple the original price, but it still cost less than most 58mm precision tampers, and those usually needs tools to adjust, or they have a stepped mechanism. This one is stepless and needs no tool to adjust.

 
Sponsored by baratza.com
www.baratza.com: skilled in the art of grinding