Portafilter for vintage Faema Faemina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Marmot

#1: Post by Marmot »

I recently acquired an old red label Faemina and wanted to use a bottomless portafilter for ease of use. I have several different machines and checked if anything would fit. Turns out a bottomless portafilter (from edesia) for a Saeco Aroma (53mm) fits pretty good!

Due to the different position of the lugs you turn it much further to the right almost hitting the machine but it works. You have to use the original Faemina basket or a 51mm basket for Pavoni levers because you need the curved collar. I could use a double basket from Pavoni and easily put in 18 grams.

You can purchase this portafilter from ebay or their website and at about 35 dollars its a really cheap solution until you get an original one from Francesco ;)

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

Great find!
BTW: finding a Portafilter for a red label is a PITA, it took me the best of 5 years (and a great tip from a fellow HB-er) to find the brown bakelite handle.
LMWDP #483

Advertisement
Marmot (original poster)

#3: Post by Marmot (original poster) »

I was lucky because I got this Faemina together with a defective one and that one still had the portafilter with a black handle. I'm also on the lookout for a brown handle. But the most important thing for me now is to have a working unit. I still have to change all the gaskets but the current ones make it possible to run it as an open boiler unit :mrgreen:

Marcelnl

#4: Post by Marcelnl »

good luck hunting for a brown handle...If I see one I'll post it!
LMWDP #483

Marmot (original poster)

#5: Post by Marmot (original poster) »

Thanks a lot! :D