Piston pressure gauge for Strietman CT1 - Page 13

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter (original poster)

#121: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

I finished some yesterday. It was quite difficult to have them polished. They are listed in our shop.

#122: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Advertisement
RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#123: Post by RockyIII »

The lids look great, Gábor. When I had a CT1, the boiler temperature was more stable when I used a lid than if I left it off.

Rocky

RyanP

#124: Post by RyanP »

Anybody else notice a smaller volume output since changing out the pistons ? I used to be able to regularly pull a shot in the 37-42g range.. now I'm often only getting 30-32g. If I really wait with the lever raised I can get up to 34g. Usually 30-32 is perfect for the normale I tend to pull, but sometimes I like to stretch the ratio and I can't really understand what the reason is for the change in volume output.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#125: Post by mivanitsky »

RockyIII wrote:The lids look great, Gábor. When I had a CT1, the boiler temperature was more stable when I used a lid than if I left it off.

Rocky
Agreed. I ordered and await my lid for your former CT1.

#126: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

RyanP wrote:Anybody else notice a smaller volume output since changing out the pistons ? I used to be able to regularly pull a shot in the 37-42g range.. now I'm often only getting 30-32g. If I really wait with the lever raised I can get up to 34g. Usually 30-32 is perfect for the normale I tend to pull, but sometimes I like to stretch the ratio and I can't really understand what the reason is for the change in volume output.
Hi Ryan,

You should change your piston back to the original and compare the volume pls. The pp-kit outer piston has 3 grooves and lets water faster through to the valve (same size) as the original one. I measured the flow earlier and it is definitely faster. That means you could lift the lever considerably quicker as with the original without reaching the flow limit (I hope this was more or less understandable).

Give feedback pls!

Gábor

bas

#127: Post by bas »

The new lid fits perfectly.

Thanks Gabor!

Advertisement

#128: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

bas wrote:The new lid fits perfectly.

Thanks Gabor!
Great Bas! And the modded Moca is there! Enjoy!

I received another batch of the lids from Wouter. I hope we can adjust them for the kit this weekend.

CwD

#129: Post by CwD »

Finally got around to getting a lid for mine! Fits great, should help with retaining temperature (especially with my winter room temperature being so low) and keeping much from evaporating out.

Do already miss my analog thermometer clipped on the side. Might have to drill a small hole between the lever arm slot and gauge slot, or perhaps off to the right, to drop it in through. Not enough of a metalsmith to have cut the gauge hole myself, but I think I can manage drilling one for the thermometer :lol:

erik82

#130: Post by erik82 »

I ordered a pressure kit yesterday complete with lid. More things to play with.