Olympia Express Parts and Support Issues - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by mgwolf »

Would anyone know if gasket sets, for example, would be among items that take 6 mos. to get from Olympia? I'm thinking ahead a week or two after I take a closer look at my Cremina-to-be which hasn't been unboxed yet (I'm not home at the moment). Michael

Tim356

#12: Post by Tim356 »

PC,

You hold true to your name with that great clip of Jimi. A gifted,magical guitar god who spread peace,love and understanding to all that would listen. HB is a community that shares and gives help and dishes out humor to one another. Let's all keep it going in that positive direction..... 8)

Peace and a good cup to all,

Tim
Coffee and a piece of pie. Life is good...

timo888

#13: Post by timo888 »

bobcraige wrote: ... Olympia is committed to supporting these old machines... As Olympia's primary business is building new hand crafted machines, support of these older products must fit into the limited resources of the company.

... original spares stocks for these machines have long ago been exhausted. This means that many parts must be fabricated from scratch and no longer with the economies of production quantity runs. ...The normal answer from manufacturers is that the part is no longer available, but Olympia endeavors to fill these orders-as time, resources and production schedules permit. ...

I know first hand that Olympia desires to support not only their current machines, but the older products as well. ... As owners of these special machines I think we can help this by being understanding and patient so that Olympia does not follow all others by deciding it is less work, expense and aggravation not to bother taking care of us.

Bob,
It is reassuring to read your remarks above, despite the clouds threatening on the horizon: supplies exhausted... economies of scale...aggravation.

I count myself among those who greatly admire Olympia's quality workmanship and attention to detail. I hope Olympia continue their spare-parts support for their discontinued models. That would be good both for the company and for those of us who cherish these older lever machines. That we in 2007 need replacements for parts that are subject to wear, for machines made almost 50 years ago, is proof that Olympia machines are so well made they will last a lifetime.

Regards
Timo

Milton

#14: Post by Milton »

I can add a little insight into Olympia. They are presently undergoing new owner transition. I have no details. The only thing I know is that it has put an uncertain time line on new machines. I do not know about the parts and service area.
Milton
LMWDP #140

"Coffee is a gift from Heaven."

mogogear

#15: Post by mogogear »

........................................The Plot thickens.......................................
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

timo888

#16: Post by timo888 »

Milton wrote:I can add a little insight into Olympia. They are presently undergoing new owner transition. I have no details. The only thing I know is that it has put an uncertain time line on new machines. I do not know about the parts and service area.
Has the company been sold, or is it for sale?

Milton

#17: Post by Milton »

Timo wrote:
Has the company been sold, or is it for sale?
I am not sure if someone has purchased the company or someone in the company is taking over. The only thing I have been told is "new owner transition" and "no time lines available". Info has been sketchy.
Milton
LMWDP #140

"Coffee is a gift from Heaven."

timo888

#18: Post by timo888 »

Milton wrote:The only thing I have been told is "new owner transition" and "no time lines available". Info has been sketchy.
Care to share the name of the talking horse?

Regards
Timo

jamoke

#19: Post by jamoke »

Someone in the home espresso machines section of ebay is selling group gaskets for Oly machines. This not an auction, but a set price sale. Says they are custom fabricated for his repair business and this his first attempt at selling them retail. Also may have some other parts available. Could be worth checking him out for you stymied Cremina owners.
I don't know anything about the seller, just saw the listing while trolling for "bargains," and thought I'd pass it along.
Ed Bugel
LMWDP 122
Huky #297

TUS172

#20: Post by TUS172 »

Someone in the home espresso machines section of ebay is selling group gaskets for Oly machines.
I attempted a few different searches but could not find what you were talking about. Could you be a bit more specific? Thanks...
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012