Olympia Cremina thrift shop find

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
shigzi

#1: Post by shigzi »

I went thrift store shopping and came across this beautiful Olympia Cremina espresso machine. Any idea on the value of this thing? Ive been wanting to get into this world of espresso machines but I'm afraid this might be a little too much out of my league! I did plug it in and it started right up when I hit the on switch. It also came with the a couple instruction manuals. Looks brand new, but couldve been used maybe once or twice before. Very unsure

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

It's a very simple lever espresso machine. Why would you consider it out of your league if you want to start making espresso at home? As far as value a nice 1976 Cremina 67 with no leaks in good working order should be worth $1000 - $1200.
LMWDP 267

espressme

#3: Post by espressme »

I am glad to see someone get the "Holy Grail" of lever machines. and with original stuff with it.
We can't give you a value for that "75, but...you paid less than probably anyone here ever had...
For a value look at the 'bay and completed listings.
Mine is going on 35 and still giving wondrous pulls!
Congratulations!
~~Richard
PS. Do a search here for more information about the machine!
richard penney LMWDP #090,

pallen

#4: Post by pallen »

Nice!

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by RockyIII »

Andy,

Congratulations on your purchase! The machine looks great in the photos. I'll be interested to hear if it needs any o-rings, piston seals, etc. replaced.

Rocky

shigzi (original poster)

#6: Post by shigzi (original poster) »

Looks to be almost brand new. I dont think It was ever used which is insane. The paint is impeccable....Looks like it was just sitting in a box in someones garage for all these years.

sixysixss
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by sixysixss »

Nice find.

slipchuck

#8: Post by slipchuck »

How much did you pay? I am going to have to follow my wife in thrift stores more often :)

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

barqy

#9: Post by barqy »

Amazing find

fdehlvi

#10: Post by fdehlvi »

I would strongly advise that you try it out, You've been spared the initial barrier to entry which most struggle with and should use that to your advantage :D