Olympia Cremina thermostat safeguard

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
coffeedog

#1: Post by coffeedog »

I stupidly forgot to close the steam valve on my Cremina. The next day, the smart switch kicked in, steaming away and draining the boiler while I was gone. Thankfully, the overheat safety switch shut off the machine. I hit the bottom plate reset button and I'm back in business. My question - did I do any damage or should I inspect anything? Everything seems fine, I'm assuming the safety circuit did its job, but thought I'd check.

Thanks!
Steve
LMWDP #731

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by LBIespresso »

I did that once. It did cook the cap gasket and there were tiny black flecks in the tank. I just filled it and turned it upside down and dumped it a few times and was good to go. Obviously I had to replace the gasket first though.

So take a look at the cap gasket. I think Cerini has a newer one that is better so you might want to replace it either way.

Yup, here it is:

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/collection ... ket-100259
LMWDP #580

coffeedog (original poster)

#3: Post by coffeedog (original poster) »

Thanks much! I flushed the boiler and found nothing. The cap and blue gasket both look good too. Appreciate the guidance.
Steve
LMWDP #731

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by LBIespresso »

Happy to hear. And thanks for confirming that the blue gasket is in fact better than the old rubber ones.
LMWDP #580