Olympia Cremina Temperature Study, Part 4 - Page 9

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter (original poster)

#81: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Dear Bro Wang, brother in Cremina :-),

This is a nice addition to the thread. Enjoy your great lever!

Gabor

CoffeeBar

#82: Post by CoffeeBar »

naked-portfilter wrote:Dear Bro Wang, brother in Cremina :-),

This is a nice addition to the thread. Enjoy your great lever!

Gabor
Yes and Indeed. Great thread and I truly enjoyed it . Thank you Brother Gabor:P

Ferdi

#83: Post by Ferdi »

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to homobarista and others for all these great temperature studies. They really help cut down the learning curve on these machines and improve results. I'm the proud new owner of a 1968 build Cremina. I've lately been following the graphs on here and have had excellent results with my particular bean when I aim with a start temperature of 167 degrees as you have here with one of the last graphs. People keep saying that the temperature stability of the Cremina is excellent compared to say he pavoni and that you can pull a few shots back to back without overheating and you get problems after say 6. I'm finding that after a single shot the Cremina tends to pretty much hold at the 90 degree Decius level and you really have to apply lots of cold wet towelling to drop it. Do others find this too or is there a problem with mine?

On another note I'm really struggling to find a definitive answer around forums and these temperature studies haven't really answered things for me. Really what is the function/difference of a Fellini move on 67 Cremina?

Anyway thanks again for the great work.

Alex

CoffeeBar

#84: Post by CoffeeBar »

Ferdi wrote:
Really what is the function/difference of a Fellini move on 67 Cremina?

Alex
Hi, Brother Alex, Welcome to HB. I seldom do the Fellini move, I only found the Fellini move will bring more water into the group, thus more coffee volume. Especially in Vintage La Pavoni :wink:

#85: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Ferdi wrote:Hi all,

I'm finding that after a single shot the Cremina tends to pretty much hold at the 90 degree Decius level and you really have to apply lots of cold wet towelling to drop it. Do others find this too or is there a problem with mine?

On another note I'm really struggling to find a definitive answer around forums and these temperature studies haven't really answered things for me. Really what is the function/difference of a Fellini move on 67 Cremina?
Hi Alex,

I'm really happy to hear that you find the temp study usefull. I have the same expirience with tekomino's first threads Olympia Cremina Temperature Study, Part 1 about this topic.
86-90 degree Celsius is pretty normal after pulling a double with the CRemina but you can reach your target temp just under 2 minutes (wet towel).

About the Fellini you should read this: Fellini Move revisited

Cheers

Gábor

ilker

#86: Post by ilker »

Thanks a lot for your efforts, Gabor.
It really helped me to understand whats going on when I raise the lever.

So what is next? Millennium Pavoni? :)

#87: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

ilker wrote:So what is next? Millennium Pavoni? :)
:-) we should finish our next short film about coffee seedlings (https://vimeo.com/130757536) and enjoying coffee without wires and temp loggers.