Olympia Cremina SL - stronger spring - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
espressotime

#31: Post by espressotime »

bakafish wrote:Is it an old spring?
I ever had a Lambro with a new spring which was 8 bar.
65 years old probably.

pcdawson

#32: Post by pcdawson »

LuanD wrote:Problem with Cremina SL is that spring is to week, Its not even 6 bars. I measured around 5 bars. Its ok for very dark roasts but its not enough for any other roasts.
It's definitely not too weak - I think this is just a personal preference thing. I've never had an issue with the standard spring and love the shots this machine produces. I replaced a Profitec 800 with this machine and don't miss the 9 + bar spring at all.

Advertisement
LuanD (original poster)

#33: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

I agree that its personal preference but my machine didn't even have 6 bars, it showed just under 5 bars when measuring. Shots were just week except for some very dark roasts. After installing 6 bar spring shots improved much better. Now i have 7,5 bar pressure which for me is optimal.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by Shakespeare replying to LuanD »

I'm happy that each of you have an opportunity to have the Cremini SL that is providing exactly what is expected in each individual case.
pcdawson: I agree that the SL is providing the perfect extraction you want... and that's terrific.
This also depends on the variety of beans used and their roast level.

But for others, If the extraction is left wanting, besides the 'Art' of the espresso pull...there is only two options: water temperature and water pressure.
I think it's exceptional to have the opportunity if wanted to have an alternative that LuanD has offered.

And it gives me comfort if I were to purchase the SL .... there is an acceptable option that I can install to manipulate the water pressure. Otherwise I would only have one option, the one offered by Olympia.

Starspawn2318

#35: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Can any of you link me to an alternative stainless steel 8 or 9 bar spring? I've seen a couple of websites where it seems they can make a custom spring for you but I don't know the dimensions I would need and I don't think I understand a lot of the other inputs their web tools were asking for.