Olympia Cremina SL - stronger spring - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
LuanD (original poster)

#21: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi guys
Short update. I'll been making espresso and latte for a couple weeks now and i'm very pleased so far.
I get very consistent shots, 16g in, around 42g out in 35 sec.(from first drip). Nice thick crema, nice body and sweetness.

One other thing, keep in mind, its almost twice as have to pull than with original spring. I keep my machine close to wall so its not a problem for me, i just wanted to warn you guys. Machine is very sold, grouphad doesn't band even a millimeter when pulling, like other machines i have seen out ther.

espressotime

#22: Post by espressotime »

truemagellen wrote:Softer spring definitely softens harsher dark roasts and Elektra mcal is known for this. Light roasts are often run at lighter pressures.

I think the thicky gloopy dark roasts shots are hard to achieve on lower bar springs and some have gone the other direction and went to La San Marco 2 spring levers to get their fix with 11.5bar shots and deep baskets.

So Cremina SL with it's amazing temp stability and larger shot volume appears to be a greatly perfected version of an Mcal (where you battle temps without a heartbreak or other intervention).

Someone Add a second spring and see how it goes. It's a great platform with what appears to be space to have one.
The thick honeylike shots can be made with softer springs also.I make them with my Lambro now.

UseIt4Toddy

#23: Post by UseIt4Toddy replying to espressotime »

Is the Lambro spring in the 6-bar range also? You're pulling ristrettos for the increased texture?

espressotime

#24: Post by espressotime »

UseIt4Toddy wrote:Is the Lambro spring in the 6-bar range also? You're pulling ristrettos for the increased texture?
I think 6-7 . Never measured it.My shots are always blended with milk.I never drink pure espresso.Never liked it like that.

LuanD (original poster)

#25: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Problem with Cremina SL is that spring is to week, Its not even 6 bars. I measured around 5 bars. Its ok for very dark roasts but its not enough for any other roasts.

truemagellen

#26: Post by truemagellen »

espressotime wrote:The thick honeylike shots can be made with softer springs also.I make them with my Lambro now.
Could you explain the process? I know on a PV lusso u can grind super fine let it drip for a while then Fellini, is pretty good but not the same as a Napoli roast 10bar

espressotime

#27: Post by espressotime »

I don't do anything special .

espressotime

#28: Post by espressotime »

I don't do anything special .
The machine makes these shots.

UseIt4Toddy

#29: Post by UseIt4Toddy »

Gorgeous machine and a beautiful shot! Thanks for sharing,

bakafish

#30: Post by bakafish »

espressotime wrote:I think 6-7 . Never measured it.My shots are always blended with milk.I never drink pure espresso.Never liked it like that.
Is it an old spring?
I ever had a Lambro with a new spring which was 8 bar.