Olympia Cremina SL - stronger spring - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
PavoniMaster

#11: Post by PavoniMaster »

i have to push upwards to achieve results i want.[/quote]

Agreed
Lever User Since 1985

LuanD (original poster)

#12: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi guy's!
I ordered 4 springs from e supplier in Danmark. 2 stainless steel and 2 so-called piano-wire. I installed stainless steel a couple days ago and i already can se some improvements. Pressure is now about 1 bar higher. Piano-wire springs are about 20-25% stronger so i expect about 7.5 bar with these. I installed both regular size and small one. I'm gone test these for 3-4 before i install these stronger ones.

The one in the left is original.

drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

When you install the extra spring, how is it seated? Is there any complication with that?
truemagellen wrote:So Cremina SL with it's amazing temp stability and larger shot volume appears to be a greatly perfected version of an Mcal (where you battle temps without a heartbreak or other intervention).
Adding a heat break gasket on an Elektra Microcasa a Leva is so easy, though.

Elektra Microcasa a Leva Review
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

LuanD (original poster)

#14: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi Gary
Before i ordered these i measured everything so that smaller spring fits perfectly between the shaft and spring. I do not feel any deferences when pulling the lever except its heavier to pull.
I'll been making espresso and lattes for a couple days no and quite satisfied so far.
★ Helpful

truemagellen

#15: Post by truemagellen »

drgary wrote:When you install the extra spring, how is it seated? Is there any complication with that?

Adding a heat break gasket on an Elektra Microcasa a Leva is so easy, though.

Elektra Microcasa a Leva Review
I am using one after ur suggestions in the past. Might even get to a stainless one proposed. I am going to try the new white strietman seal (it is a 2 oiece). It is a major improvement on the Strietman might make help Elektra.

I can compare to a Cremina SL as my local friend has one.

LuanD (original poster)

#16: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi
Today I installed 2 stronger springs and i finally achieved pressure i wanted. I made a couple shots of espresso and they taste and look very nice, much sweeter and with nice body.

redpig

#17: Post by redpig »

Would you mind sharing the specifications of the springs you ordered? I'd love to power-up my SL as I prefer the higher pressure shots I make in the manual group.

Thanks - this is so great to see!
LMWDP #411

LuanD (original poster)

#18: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi. Spring specifications are as follows:

Outer spring
d:4,00 mm = wire diameter
De:29,00 mm = outer diameter
Di:21,00 mm = inner diameter
L0:130,00 mm = unloaded length
Ln:64,50 mm = max loaded length
R:13,34
Fn:852,20

Inner spring
d:2,50 mm
De:18,50 mm
Di:13,50 mm
L0:130,00 mm
Ln:58,90 mm
R:5,25
Fn:364,81

Material: Piano-wire, is the same material as original spring that comes with machine.
Springs er slightly longer about 5mm. Outer spring have about 13 threads and is 130mm long.
Original spring has 15 threads 125mm long.

LuanD (original poster)

#19: Post by LuanD (original poster) »

Hi guys
I just wanted to share a small video of an espresso shot with new springs. Im still testing but results so far are very promising.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by Shakespeare »

LuanD wrote:Hi guys
I just wanted to share a small video of an espresso shot with new springs. Im still testing but results so far are very promising.
LuanD: Excellent video, It seems your elegant solution will provide another choice to the Olympia SL concept of 6 Bar espresso.
There has been other posts for the need of a solution to that-you have seemed to have potentially solved. Congratulations
Looking forward to follow ups.