Olympia Cremina SL Group Maintenance - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
PavoniMaster

#31: Post by PavoniMaster »

I had my SL group serviced last week. Only 3 piston seals and a grouphead gasket are required. There was rust on the spring, as a tiny bit of water started coming out via the shaft at the top, only a few days before I took it in. There is no gasket around the shaft at the top of the grouphead, like on regular Creminas and Pavonis. So the top piston seal had failed.

The tech did nice work as the group now feels and performs like brand new. I think I'll keep to a seal replacement/lubrication every 9-12 months from here on out. Apparently the spring compression tool is about 12 weeks away from being available.

Orphan espresso has an affordable silicon kit for the Club, which has 3 piston seals and a grouped gasket. Does anyone have any insight if this would work for the SL?

https://www.orphanespresso.com/Olympia- ... _5722.html
Lever User Since 1985

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by Shakespeare »

PavoniMaster wrote:The tech did nice work as the group now feels and performs like brand new. I think I'll keep to a seal replacement/lubrication every 9-12 months from here on out. Apparently the spring compression tool is about 12 weeks away from being available.?
PavoniMaster: Have you heard any further updates regarding the availability of the 'Spring Compression Tool' being available any time soon.
It's disappointing to keep on applying small quantities of lube to the gaskets without removing the piston and spring for servicing.
I'm not willing to use a C-clamp without being sure that I won't cause damage. I hope Olympia Express will make available a spring removal tool for the Cremina SL. Sooner than Later.