I received my pressure gauge yesterday, and after Gábor told me it was about a 10 minute job (if one is familiar with the group disassembly process), I decided to tackle it while I was cooking dinner
First, I must say what a pleasure it was doing business with Gábor. Despite the language difference and being on different continents, communications might as well have been with my next door neighbor. No auto reply emails like most online purchases, instead you receive personal email from Gábor himself, and quick replies to any questions. It is amazing that we have this community that spans the globe, and I'm tickled to be a part of it.
I tried to time myself, because I thought there's no way this will be a quick job. I had to stop and tend to the stove a few times, but I was in and out in around 30 minutes. And this includes the 6 or 7 minutes it took to view the instructional video
I was NOT familiar with group teardown, but it was straightforward enough that it did not matter. The video, coupled with this thread, made for an easy install.
I did not take pictures during the process, since my fingers were dirty & greasy and the process has been well documented, but I know that everyone likes pictures, so...
Here's what arrived:
...and the finished product:
Of course, I had to immediately try it out. I found that I likely had been pulling shots in the 4-6 bar range before. 9 took more effort than I thought it should.
Gauge reading during pre-infusion (boiler pressure only):
...and during the pull:
Despite my grind being set to accommodate my lower pressure pulls, I could immediately detect some new flavors, and can't wait to get everything dialed in and experience beans from a new perspective. It's nice being able to see the pressure for consistent results.
I highly recommend this kit!