Olympia Cremina Boiler-Neck-Mounted Pressure Gauge Reducing Coupling - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mborkow
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by mborkow »

i'd be interested

TUS172

#12: Post by TUS172 »

Hi Richard, :D
Good to see you're still at it... What size stock did you us for the cap... 1.25" ? Nice work by the way! You did a good job with the knurling too... I am using the La Pavoni gauge for the 'C' Lever.
In the past I attached a permanent gauge from McMaster Carr to my '86 Cremina...
If anyone is interested in permanently attaching a gauge to their Cremina... Attaching a pressure gauge to the Olympia Cremina
But I must say it is involved and costly ( I have sourced less expensive parts since doing that mod... but still costly).
What Richard is offering is truly a great option for any owner of an older Cremina. 8) Not to mention much more cost effective! As I understand it... Richard you produce the cap, threaded and ready to go... they buy the gauge and mount it?
Once you use his setup to dial in the Cremina to your liking the need to recheck it should be seldom.
Sounds great to me! I'd be interested in one of your caps Richard... Saves me shop time (time I no longer seem to have) It would be for "Granny"... The original '67... 67 Cremina that I would never do a mod to! I would want mine to be a 1/8" NPT so that I can mount a McMaster Carr gauge... The one I would mount is from pg. 570 of their online catalog. 4066K21 is the catalog #... 0-30 Pressure range. You will note it is somewhat more expensive than the 1/4NPT... 2.5" dial gauges... but it is a very high quality gauge and a nicer look. I've had one on the '86 for about 1.5 years... use it twice daily and never a problem.
Thanks Friend.
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

espressme

#13: Post by espressme »

I've found the gauge source I used for the Europiccola mod I made.
HERE
The gauge case is painted black steel and it is 3% accuracy which is equal to .06 bar total. Less than a tenth of a bar. It has worked well on the LaPav. and is under 20$
A larger gauge is HERE. About $25

PS I had a chrome case from another gauge so that is why the photo is a chrome case.
Cheers!
Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

larborr

#14: Post by larborr »

Hi Richard,

Count me in too, if they are are still available. Seems like a easy way to check pressure/temp.

Thanks.

espressme

#15: Post by espressme »

The CNC guy says he can do them over the next couple of weeks. Your price $50 plus shipping ~ $4 1st class, with delivery confirmation.
I need an order of 10 to go with the CNC guy.
If I do a few of them at home, the price is $60 ea + shipping.
They will be tapped/threaded for the Cremina and Oly products ( Maximatic, Club, Pasquini Livietta, Cafferex) on one end and ¼"-NPT on the other. I am checking to find other machines it may fit. I furnish two Teflon gaskets with each.
You will buy and install your choice of gauge. The home centers have a bushing to reduce the pipe thread to 1/8th-NPT. As before, I will make up a bushing for 1/8th-BPST for $5 extra which will adapt to the LaPav gauge.
PM me and I shall keep score with an edit here.
Thanks
Richard

PS tell the regular espresso machine folks about this too. There are a lot of Maximatic and Pasquinis out there.

espressme

#16: Post by espressme »

I am not sure if your boiler has a fitting that is 25mmx1.5 external thread so you will be buying on faith. See if you can do a measurement.
Thanks
Richard
larborr wrote:Hi Richard,
Count me in too, if they are are still available. Seems like a easy way to check pressure/temp.
Thanks.

larborr

#17: Post by larborr »

Hi Richard,

I'll check, but it was built in 1981 (per serial number) if that helps.

I was asssuming they olympia keep the same boiler neck thread...

Larry

espressme

#18: Post by espressme »

Hi Larry,
Did you find whether the boiler neck is the same as the regular Olys? If it looks like the Oly and Pasquini it probably is.
I intend to make the few that are ordered at home as there are not enough to have CNC'd.
Cheers
Richard

TUS172

#19: Post by TUS172 »

Thanks Richard,
I have ordered my gauge and will have the unit up and on Granny soon. I ended up going 1/4npt... "Go Figure" :? It finally dawned on this old mind that this cap is simply a functional and rarely used attachment and something that I would not display or use on a daily basis. :lol:
I would be throwing a substantial amount of money down the tubes for a smaller 1.5" gauge! I then found a suitable 2.5" gauge that was around $21.00. The $40.00 I saved will be spent on the 'C' Lever. :)
Great workmanship... thanks for saving me some shop time.
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

larborr

#20: Post by larborr »

It a 1981 Olympia Cremina so I think it's oK

Let me know the logistics on how you want to handle the transacton.

Big thanks