Odyssey Espresso (OE-1 Lever prototype) - Page 8

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
renatoa

#71: Post by renatoa »

Not spring loaded, but boiler and others.
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001992968590.html
... the third model.

And not a copy of something know ;)

boren

#72: Post by boren »

I don't know how good the coffee this Chinese machine produces, but I think it's uniquely ugly. For this amount of money I would much prefer a La Pavoni Europiccola, let alone the OE-1 which is shaping up to be both a beautiful machine and one that's exceptionally functional. I might even consider replacing my Elektra Micro Casa Leva with one if the production machine delivers on what it claims to be.

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
randytsuch

#73: Post by randytsuch »

That Aliexpress model is $800 + $200 shipping
But the kicker is found about 2/3's of the way down the page, last picture of the machine

They show an open flame heating the boiler. And there are no cords in any pics.

I'd be pretty mad if I paid $1000 for that machine, and then figured out I had to heat it with a propane burner.

I had been looking at the Flair and Robot, but right now I'm leaning towards waiting for the OE-1

Randy

coffeeOnTheBrain

#74: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

It is truly unique, basically the first truly portable/camping espresso machine with steam. You don't even need a kettle like with the flair.

;)

Jonk

#75: Post by Jonk » replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

My thought exactly 8) perhaps further discussion can be split to Chinese ALM lever

LewBK

#76: Post by LewBK »

If one were to draw a Venn diagram of those who like to camp in the wild and those who really want artisanal espresso with steam, I wouldn't imagine the overlap would be that great. I also never think machines this size seem all that portable. So who is the target demographic here for the propane torch espresso machine? I think the Aram or EspressoForge are far more portable, and I'm still not sure I would want to take them camping. It would be fun to explain to security on an airplane why you're bringing propane in your luggage.

renatoa

#77: Post by renatoa »

Could be a cultural approach... maybe the machine is derived from a chinese tea boiler.
Italian school of design maybe don't match their concepts about beauty...

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
Amberale

#78: Post by Amberale »

LewBK wrote:If one were to draw a Venn diagram of those who like to camp in the wild and those who really want artisanal espresso with steam, I wouldn't imagine the overlap would be that great. I also never think machines this size seem all that portable. So who is the target demographic here for the propane torch espresso machine? I think the Aram or EspressoForge are far more portable, and I'm still not sure I would want to take them camping. It would be fun to explain to security on an airplane why you're bringing propane in your luggage.
I would have seriously considered this but I have decided to buy a beard and join The Hoff with an outdoorsy Bripe.
:lol:

renatoa

#79: Post by renatoa »

Ian Anderson with Jethro Tull's Songs from the Wood for me :D