Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 55

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Deleuzer

#541: Post by Deleuzer »

YeetSkeeterson wrote:I haven't purchased anything from China in almost half a year.
Why's that?

I'm eagerly awaiting Odyssey Argos, myself!

YeetSkeeterson

#542: Post by YeetSkeeterson replying to Deleuzer »

I had a response typed but I can imagine it would be removed for being off topic.

LObin

#543: Post by LObin replying to YeetSkeeterson »

:lol:

Or not following the HB guidelines...
LMWDP #592

Deleuzer

#544: Post by Deleuzer »

YeetSkeeterson wrote:I had a response typed but I can imagine it would be removed for being off topic.
Yeah, that's about what I expected. Or what the poster above said.

Anyway, apparently some big hurdle has been overcome on the tech side, so things are moving along with the Argos!

jd20

#545: Post by jd20 »

I'm order 335. I was looking for used lever machine for home, most likely a La Pavoni, and saw a Youtube ad for the Argos, then stumbled on this thread. A second hand Europiccola would've still been a good deal cheaper, but I'm really excited to try out the Argos. I mostly do milk drinks (and having a home machine is a great excuse to practice my latte art) so that kind of limited the playing field for me. Really hope that Ross can hit the January ship date!

zix

#546: Post by zix »

It would be good for you to have an alternative in case he runs in to some transport logistics problem. For instance.

Meanwhile, how about a 9Barista? That would keep you going for a while. Very good machine, and not unlike spring lever machines in its extraction profile and taste signature. Or a Bacchi espresso? Both of these demand your attention while brewing, both prefer a good grinder, but you only need a stove top to make them work.
LMWDP #047

Deleuzer

#547: Post by Deleuzer »

To be honest, for things like this I plan for delays. I mean, I hope he hits that Jan date, but I set April in my head so I don't get frustrated if/when there are delays--everything is hard these days, after all.

jd20

#548: Post by jd20 »

I have a machine at the office I can use on the weekdays, so I'm not too worried if the ship date slips. Honestly, I wasn't even too sure if I was ready to make the jump into home espresso until I saw the size / simplicity of lever machines. Variety's the spice of life and all that, right? :D

bgn

#549: Post by bgn »

His last blog post on his official website was five weeks ago and he mentioned that he had issues with the circuit board. Hopefully he'll update if he's making progress.

Jeff
Team HB

#550: Post by Jeff »

There was a mistake in the BOM that specified a chip variant for the "wrong" thermocouple type. From what I understand, the proper chips have since been sourced.