Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
realdoctor

#51: Post by realdoctor »

Any further news on this? Is the project still alive?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#52: Post by JohnB. replying to realdoctor »

Seems to be moving along. They posted a photo of an updated piston assy. 3 days ago on Instagram.
LMWDP 267

realdoctor

#53: Post by realdoctor »

Good news.

I also heard from Ross a day or two ago. The project definitely seems to be going forward

deus-ex-machina

#54: Post by deus-ex-machina »

Is it just me, or is there some similar design language going on here... :wink:

No beef though, obviously with the addition of a boiler and a spring it works quite differently 8) Always good to see new machines come along trying different architectures and layouts too. Good luck to the team and I look forward to see what they come up with.

Seeing new stuff is always exciting and motivates me to get back into things - I have already iterated another version of my machine with quite a different visual design and new features which hasn't been shown here, but I hope to design and build version 3 this year at any rate :)

coffeeOnTheBrain

#55: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

@Deus-ex-macchina Indeed there are some similarities. Personally I am actually looking for a open boiler spring lever machine. So I would like to find the love child of these 2. I wouldn't mind a stepper motor doing the heavy lifting either, but I guess I am alone with that feature request.

SunSurfH2o

#56: Post by SunSurfH2o »

alive and kicking, or rather pulling. i had the incredibly good fortune of dropping in to Ross' garage for a covid-safe demo of the current proto. looking, and tasting good! i'll be one of the first in line when this becomes available for sale. quite the kit for target price and since i'm partial to levers, there's nothing else at this price point to consider for a proper 58mm lever with steam that i'm aware of.
Andrew

saint_k.aus

#57: Post by saint_k.aus replying to SunSurfH2o »

thanks for the update
(i saw also some pics on instagram)

when will it be available
especially the 220V version
thanks

tubis

#58: Post by tubis »

New update posted on Instagram, they moved to the final stages of development and are in the process of building 5 prototype units for "testing, quality checks and marketing" purposes. The design had been slightly tweaked, most notably the drip tray was overhauled. Price is "on par with our original estimates", that is, around 800 USD. Attaching a render from the post.

rts265

#59: Post by rts265 »

deus-ex-machina wrote:Is it just me, or is there some similar design language going on here... :wink:

No beef though, obviously with the addition of a boiler and a spring it works quite differently 8) Always good to see new machines come along trying different architectures and layouts too. Good luck to the team and I look forward to see what they come up with.

Seeing new stuff is always exciting and motivates me to get back into things - I have already iterated another version of my machine with quite a different visual design and new features which hasn't been shown here, but I hope to design and build version 3 this year at any rate :)
Which machine is this?

MemPast

#60: Post by MemPast »

I do not see sight glass in any of the pictures they posted!!!?