Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 12

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
malling

#111: Post by malling »

jevenator wrote:I would have expected $1200-$1500 as well but he said he wants an affordable machine for everyone and not really make crazy profits
Admirable that there is still such individuals out there, but from a financial standpoint might not be the best decision one could possibly make, unexpected expenditures etc. can quickly turn into a financial disaster if you do not have enough funds in the coffers to keep the "company" afloat.

wachuko

#112: Post by wachuko »

cskorton wrote:Yeah, the only bit I'm worried about is the thermal stability of the group head. Throw in a HX along with the existing bells and whistles for around $1,500 and I'm in. Otherwise, I'd be hesitant and I'd rather wait for the compact Londinium supposedly coming in June.
I am also waiting for the Londinium Vectis to be out... but already have an Londinium R... would be nice to be able to buy something made here in the USA...

Can't wait for both to be out to decide...
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Advertisement
robeambro

#113: Post by robeambro »

It's crazy that between the Flair 58, the OE-1 and the Vectis, 2021 is the year of levers.

malling

#114: Post by malling replying to robeambro »

Yes if the Vectis actually make it for this year, he said they wanted to showcase it in January, we are days away from may... So they are at the very least 4months behind schedule.

The OE-1 is still in preproduction state, so it can take some time as well before it hits the market.

Madman13

#115: Post by Madman13 »

pizzaman383 wrote:I am very curious about the temperature behavior of this espresso machine. The images I saw on their website do not show any active heating of the group head. In addition, it didn't seem that there was much of a path for boiler heat to reach the group head given it is constructed of stainless steel.
Agreed, I am also curious about the temperature behavior and stability of the machine. Has anything been said yet regarding the temperature behavior of the machine and how stable or will be?

GregoryJ

#116: Post by GregoryJ »

Has anyone heard any updates on this project? Initially they said demo units would be assembled around end of May, so I hope we hear something soon!

Amberale

#117: Post by Amberale »

robeambro wrote:It's crazy that between the Flair 58, the OE-1 and the Vectis, 2021 is the year of levers.
Don't forget the ACS Vesuvius EVO Leva.

Advertisement
Amberale

#118: Post by Amberale »

GregoryJ wrote:Has anyone heard any updates on this project? Initially they said demo units would be assembled around end of May, so I hope we hear something soon!
I believe that the SS parts for the trial batch of machines were being produced a week or two ago.

renatoa

#119: Post by renatoa »

GregoryJ wrote:Has anyone heard any updates on this project? Initially they said demo units would be assembled around end of May, so I hope we hear something soon!
Initially was rumored to be announced as a KS project in April...

malling

#120: Post by malling »

I would be surprised if it even launch this year, if you look at the Ozik grinders these where to be launched in December last year we are now almost in June. Things like this tend to take allot longer then expected.