Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 58

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
davidhunternyc

#571: Post by davidhunternyc »

aonphleacs wrote:Regarding Steve's take on it, that makes sense.

Regarding the comments about shrinking the basket size... please, no. One of the biggest selling points of this device is that it uses the 58mm standard which most lever machines don't. I know I, for one, would strongly consider canceling my order if he made that change.
I agree with you. I didn't pre-order because of changes like this that might be made. The 58mm basket is the selling point for me too. It's got to stay. The standard basket size and stabilizing temperature at the grouphead are the two selling points for me.

Feca

#572: Post by Feca »

mbeck wrote:Agreed all around. I already have a Lusso when I want to struggle with non-standard accessories. :)

Maybe there was confusion on my part. The portafilter itself being proprietary is fine with me, assuming baskets are interchangeable. It's really the baskets (and tampers) that I care about, coming from the Lusso...
Hey mbeck, do you know of a source for Lusso accessories? Specifically looking for a leveler/distributor and I'm going crazy trying to find one! (Apologies for the quick hijack)
LMWDP #724

bgn

#573: Post by bgn »

I decided to jump in today after that last update. Order #344.

mbeck

#574: Post by mbeck »

Feca wrote:Hey mbeck, do you know of a source for Lusso accessories? Specifically looking for a leveler/distributor and I'm going crazy trying to find one! (Apologies for the quick hijack)
I wish! It was hard enough finding a quality tamper. Will let you know if I find anything, and please do the same!

aonphleacs

#575: Post by aonphleacs »

bgn wrote:I decided to jump in today after that last update. Order #344.
It encourages me to see how the order numbers keep rising between posts to this thread. It suggests that there's some decent interest coming through!

bgn

#576: Post by bgn replying to aonphleacs »

Yeah, even with the delay of at least three months I think it looks promising enough to get in before the pre orders end. By April though there's a small chance the mini Londinium will have more info on availability as well, but probably at two or three times the cost.

renatoa

#577: Post by renatoa »

Similar with Arco grinder... planned for May, delayed to January.

malling

#578: Post by malling »

There is not many electronic products that isn't delayed or only made in few numbers at the moment, it's just a general problem. Allot are months behind schedule, now there probably different reasons but there is nothing to do besides being patient because things just cannot go at the normal speed in the current climate.

renatoa

#579: Post by renatoa »

This is what I can read at mouser, about a thermocouple amplifier I am using frequently.

On Order:
218 Expected 05/04/2022
5.000 Expected 07/06/2022

There wasn't any delivery during the fall !

Wondering how phidgets manage this situation... is the same chip used by them...

ibetnoonehasthis
Supporter ♡

#580: Post by ibetnoonehasthis »

mbeck wrote:I wish! It was hard enough finding a quality tamper. Will let you know if I find anything, and please do the same!
Hello! You can get a distributor/leveler from CREATIVEWERK on Etsy.

They make a solid set for the Ponte Vecchio machines as well as nice handle sets.

It's been a great source for the custom work I've been doing on my Lusso.