Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 56

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Ah_J

#551: Post by Ah_J »

I'm also waiting for his update to place the pre-order before it's too late

bgn

#552: Post by bgn »

Jeff wrote:There was a mistake in the BOM that specified a chip variant for the "wrong" thermocouple type. From what I understand, the proper chips have since been sourced.
Thanks for that Jeff. Dang those pesky variants!

aonphleacs

#553: Post by aonphleacs »

Good to know things are moving along. Those of us not attached to Discord appreciate the insider knowledge ;)
Although I would be ecstatic if he made the ship date... I have literally never backed a project that has not had a production delay (okay, okay. Maybe one digital book. But that's it!).

strider

#554: Post by strider »

Ross sent out an email update.
Ship date has been pushed back to April due to portafilter delays and apparently off the shelf portafilters won't work with it.

davidhunternyc

#555: Post by davidhunternyc »

Yep, April shipping date. : ( ... so sad. Well, hopefully Ross can keep our anticipation engaged by showing us finished photos of the Argos?

aonphleacs

#556: Post by aonphleacs »

Strange. I did not receive that email update.
I wonder what about the off-the-shelf portafilters makes them not fit. Is that a bad sign for compatibility down the road?

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#557: Post by TenLayers »

From the email.
Off the shelf portafilters are not likely to fit this machine due to the compact nature of the design.

renatoa

#558: Post by renatoa »

aonphleacs wrote:Strange. I did not receive that email update.
I wonder what about the off-the-shelf portafilters makes them not fit. Is that a bad sign for compatibility down the road?
Found mine in spam folder, please check yours...

mbeck

#559: Post by mbeck »

Saw that and yes, first thought was, he never said it required custom portafilters. Although to be fair, he never DIDN'T say that standard portafilters WOULDN'T work. Sigh.

renatoa

#560: Post by renatoa »

Actually he did said... so this turn don't smell fair for those who applied... imo...
UNIVERSAL PORTAFILTER
The 58mm portafilter, used commercially across all coffee shops, allows for many common components to be easily purchased and replaced.

https://www.odysseyespresso.com/argos-l ... so-machine