Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype) - Page 54

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Jeff
Team HB

#531: Post by Jeff »

Welcome to H-B!

There are many of us here awaiting a surprise next year. There's sure to be a lot of mutual exploration.

If you've got questions about grinders, enjoy the varied opinions. If they aren't answered, open your own thread. Everyone has different priorities.

aonphleacs

#532: Post by aonphleacs replying to Jeff »

Thanks, Jeff! I'm sure to prowl around more and more as time goes on and I run into questions. Meanwhile, my eyes will be glued fast to this topic.
On that note, I ordered both the 6 and 8 springs as well as the pressure gauge with the Argos. I was tempted by the bluetooth pressure sensor but honestly, I'm trying to keep things a little less digital. Perhaps a touch less in the "science" direction and more in the "art" direction. That being said, I'm a huge nerd and am certain to list back to the data hole with time.

I noticed that there's a milk pitcher on the website as well but it doesn't seem to have too much information about the design. Does anyone have any insight on that?

bgn

#533: Post by bgn »

Still waiting on that one more update and I'll pull the trigger. The biweekly updates that he intended haven't materialized, so it's about five weeks since his last blog update.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#534: Post by TenLayers »

I bought that milk pitcher, don't necessarily need another, but I wanted to push some more money to Ross. I ordered it back when he went live with the Argos but haven't received the pitcher yet. I'm figuring it will be sent out when he starts to send out the machines....or the order got lost in the melee during those heady times of watching people buy into his dream.
Either way, I'll wait.

aonphleacs

#535: Post by aonphleacs »

Yeah, I admit to being somewhat concerned by the lack of recent updates but I figured I'd take the plunge regardless.
I would expect that the pitcher will come with the machine since many of the items in the store mention that they will only ship with the machine for now. Fingers definitely crossed very hard that we get an update soon and that it has good news.

Jeff
Team HB

#536: Post by Jeff »

For updates, EAF is probably the most active venue.

YeetSkeeterson

#537: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Where will it be manufactured? I don't see any information other than that it's a Denver based company.

SteveRhinehart

#538: Post by SteveRhinehart »

YeetSkeeterson wrote:Where will it be manufactured? I don't see any information other than that it's a Denver based company.
On discord, Aug 20:
Ross | Odyssey wrote:overseas manufacturing. I'm working with a guy I went to University with (worked on formula team together) and he moved back to China after graduation and started a machine shop. It's been super helpful working with someone I already know and who communicates very clearly. While his prices are a little higher than other shops overseas I think it's worth the quality

This guy is all of the machined components. Other parts like heating element, PF, steam wand, valves, ect are all coming from vendors that specialize in those things
Assembly and packaging appears to be planned for Colorado at present.

I agree with Jeff that the EAF discord is best if you want more frequent updates. Ross stops by in the Argos thread periodically to chat, post minor updates, and take some questions. The Odyssey Instagram also has posted small updates here and there.

YeetSkeeterson

#539: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Apologies, I'm not really invested in this right now... i.e. I cannot spare the time speculate and discuss a product. Nothing wrong with my overseas Robot, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am however very interested in purchasing one down the road and was simply curious as I haven't purchased anything from China in almost half a year. Overseas, yes, Austria, Australia, Portugal...

No problem as I said, just curious. Good luck.

zix

#540: Post by zix »

Preparing by getting a WUG-2 motor kit to the old(-ish) HG-1 2014, with any luck it should be there waiting when the Argos arrives. Have fought the urge to upgrade it to electric for a while now. Succumbed. Can still use the Pharos if I want to hand grind with big burrs. Plus the WUG-2 mod is easy to reverse.

... Hmm, don't have any flat burr grinder. Anyone planning to get/use a flat burr grinder with the Argos?
LMWDP #047