Nurri Leva firmware updating - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Primacog

#21: Post by Primacog »

I don't know the situation in Paolo's case but it isnt an issur at all for new nurri machines and there would not be a need to upgrade the firmware for a new nurri today at all since new machines would come with the firmware upgrade already installed.
LMWDP #729

Paolo (original poster)

#22: Post by Paolo (original poster) »

Primacog wrote:I mentioned your situation to Antonio and he replied that he has reached out to you, Paolo. Hope that leads to a good solution for u ..

Thanks for the gentle push, Loonster!

And many thanks for contacting Antonio too, Primacog.

I reached out to Antonio and we spoke yesterday. He is sending a new module (with the current firmware) either directly to me or to the Australian agent for Nurri machines..... at no cost to me.

I am very happy about this.

jontyc

#23: Post by jontyc »

From what I understand, the PID update just allowed tuning of the PID parameters separately for each channel, but I don't find the current sharing of parameters across the 3 channels an issue. LMK if you or Primacog see much difference. I recall Primacog wasn't fond of the 1 deg difference between set temp and what it reaches, but that really doesn't bother me.

Actually bliss compared to a stupid Artisan Barista gooseneck PID kettle that boasts the fastest boiling record, but overshoots 95 deg C by at least 5 deg, then makes me wait or do other workarounds to drop to temp.

Would gladly update the firmware myself if the cable could be purchased and software supplied.

Primacog

#24: Post by Primacog replying to jontyc »

It wasn't a.big deal though it was a ilittle annoying then to always have to set the pid 1 degree higher than the actual temp I was aiming for. It probably wouldn't bother me now as I have become less precious about the machine now that I have owned it for much longer.
LMWDP #729

Paolo (original poster)

#25: Post by Paolo (original poster) »

jontyc wrote:From what I understand, the PID update just allowed tuning of the PID parameters separately for each channel, but I don't find the current sharing of parameters across the 3 channels an issue. LMK if you or Primacog see much difference.
Hi Simon
I will post the differences that I find after I try the new PID that will be coming shortly.