North End of Boston - Cafes with Levers? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drH

#11: Post by drH »

I sense an opportunity for a Boston espresso gathering?

In the North End I frequently go to Cafe Vittoria. Yes, it's Lavazza and the machines they use are not remarkable. But for an Italian blend like this, it's prepared as good as you can get it outside of Europe. It's fresh, not overextracted, chocolately, just pleasant for the style.

IamOiman

#12: Post by IamOiman »

but the old machines they have on display are a little interesting
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
coffeechan

#13: Post by coffeechan »

Agree with drH, Cafe Vittoria knows how to pull Lavazza for that chocolatey espresso. I fondly remember the last iced americano I had years ago in the summer. I forgot they had vintage Elektras in the cafe. Might as well check it out as they're next to Mike's pastry! I miss the cannoli :D .

Coffcarl

#14: Post by Coffcarl »

drH wrote:I sense an opportunity for a Boston espresso gathering?

I'd be up for that! Not sure what it would entail. I know OI Man has interesting machines, and probably super powers. I just have a run of the mill e61 and a 2cd gen LPE, and just roast one SO at a time. You have Creminas!

I am North of Boston.

affogato_toast

#15: Post by affogato_toast »

For those willing to venture into the Camberville area, Broadsheet Coffee is fantastic (no levers there, though). Their Ugandan Gamatui natural anaerobic beans are among the best I've tried this year.

Carmd1281

#16: Post by Carmd1281 »

Again straying from the OP buuuutttt George Howell is in the Boston Public Market just on the outskirts of the North End. Great shots and great beans. Worth a visit anytime you're in Boston. They have a few other shops as well, the on near the Boston Commons park is the nicest and has the most to offer.
Carm
New York, NY