Non Lever for Cremina lover - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drH

#21: Post by drH »

Fesoia wrote:I guess it's true. I've sold all my machines except Maximatic, Caffarex and Cremina. And Maximatic is my daily driver.
I've been thinking about buying a Maximatic. Why do you prefer it over the Cremina? Any other thoughts on it since your last post?

silkypull

#22: Post by silkypull »

redbone wrote:Not a solution but found a spring lever with p-stat or similar PID with group thermosyphon to be the easiest machine to pull shots and live with. No group overheating, less parts easy to maintain. Less than <1min in-between shots eliminates all pf sneeze.
sorry i'm new to lever machines, but which brand and model of machine would be the one that fits your suggestion?
LMWDP #663

redbone

#23: Post by redbone replying to silkypull »

I'm content using a Faema Faemina 120v 800w high element and a 220v 200w low element to maintain temp. I use a temperature strip on the group. Found that once the machine pressure release screw is setup it becomes easy to consistently dial in your desired temperature. Large boiler and group mass aids in this. I've since moved on all LPE and favour spring assisted machines.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

redbone

#24: Post by redbone »

redbone wrote:I'm content using a Faema Faemina 120v 800w high element and a 220v 200w low element to maintain temp. I use a temperature strip on the group. Found that once the machine pressure release screw is setup it becomes easy to consistently dial in your desired temperature. Large boiler and group mass aids in this. I've since moved on all LPE and favour spring assisted machines all accept for a VAM \ Caravel.
If looking for a new machine I would lean towards a Izzo Alex Leva or Londinium R.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

silkypull

#25: Post by silkypull »

any particular reason to pick izzo over the LR? LR is priced quite nice and cheaper than the izzo in the states.
LMWDP #663

redbone

#26: Post by redbone replying to silkypull »

Have a think for that La San Marco group. Price is not the deciding factor can get Izzo Alex Leva via Italian reseller for around 2K euro.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

silkypull

#27: Post by silkypull »

true that.. that LSM does look very sexy.... but its plumbed in only. :(
yea i do see it available for 2K euros... but since i'm in the US, if anything happens, i'm probably SOL right?

the site i found is: https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/cart
after adding in the 110v and a Izzo Alex Duetto 58 mm Bottomless Portafilter (i think it means double shot?) + shipping to California comes to about 2290euros; which isn't bad. anyone dealt with this company before? i wonder if there's any importation fee since it's over the US $800 cap limit.
LMWDP #663

redbone

#28: Post by redbone replying to silkypull »

Many members both in US and Canada have purchased Eureka grinders from Espressocoffeeshop. Service is not a concern considering my local resellers are poor at repairs and by the time I foresee a part replacement I'm out of warranty anyway. The Izzo machines are self serviceable and parts are easy to come by. Canada's oldest espresso machine retailer in Toronto does employ a great tech who use to work for Cimbali group commercial division in Portugal.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

silkypull

#29: Post by silkypull »

thanks Robert. now i just need to save up a bit more and find a spot to plumb in from. it's all gonna block my cabinet doors. :(
LMWDP #663