New Olympia Cremina owner. - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Dev (original poster)

#21: Post by Dev (original poster) »

You really don't have to be mechanically inclined. The OE videos were so in-depth that it was easy but most of all fun.
What I like about coffee machine restoration is seeing a light at the end of the tunnel because parts are available and this forum of enthusiasts that makes owning an almost 40 year old machine a real joy.

Dev (original poster)

#22: Post by Dev (original poster) »

Three month update:

I decided to service the head and general clean up.

First thing I did was to check the pressure stat setting so see if it drifted. It would seem that it held tightly at .9 bar that I set it at. Very pleased that its working like a clock.

I serviced the head expecting to find the shower screen dirty and some of the holes clogged but that wasn't the case. It was clean as well as everything inside. The seals only had a light discolored mark where it rubs and the piston head only had a light discoloration that rubbed off with a paper towel. No gunk on the seals at all. The piston holes were not clogged either.

The upgraded brass lever pins had no scaring because of the lubricant I use and it didn't dry out which is good.

Cleaned everything up in Jo glow and reinstalled the piston using Gabors piston installation tool which makes it easy to put back without having to use pick.

The Cremina is a wonderful experience of ownership compared to my previous La Pavoni. Its the little things and attention to detail. Since the machine was clean on inspection I plan to extend the service to every 6 months and a descale every year.