[PROMO] New manual crank handle espresso machine - Page 14

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pinkselixir (original poster)

#131: Post by pinkselixir (original poster) »

Another view of brass parts ready for milling and polishing

What do we have here?

On the left from top.

-Tap handle
-Shaft for winder handle
-Piston indicator. (Needs milling)

On the right from top down

-Male tapered tap fitting
-Main top crank shaft, mounts 2 x deep groove bearings and also connects gears to main winder handle
-portafilter brass connection from wooden handle
-Knobs. 2 per machine. Holding on main crank handle And also attached to top water cap.

pinkselixir (original poster)

#132: Post by pinkselixir (original poster) »

Hello,

Well we have built 8 machines of the 30 in the latest production run. We have 30 more complete that can be put together on demand. We have sent 3 to the states to Eric Mann At Levercraft Austin. This could be a great distribution point for the United States for Pinks Expression. If anyone here is interested in this area or wants to enquire this is a good place to start. 3 Machines should be there next week on site and if they are sold one will always be there as a demo.

Very happy with the final quality and product. So fun to use it, makes great short blacks and is quite responsive to barista techniques like grind tamp and speed of rotation which is what most here like to enjoy, its responsive for sure. I have 20 more machines to build. Will build them as required and things will pick up in interest when people get to see the actual machine. As an object its next level coffee art and really commands attention in a kitchen space. There is nothing like this machine. The professional brushed annodised finish is amazing and impressed us. Looks like the surface finish you might find on a high quality branded audio amp or something.

Two Machines are also going to Taiwan tomorrow where there is particular interest in manual espresso and non powered machines. Overall I am so glad I stuck to no power and stayed with the original concept. The huge gain in speed and portability and fun far outweigh the use of power in this case especially since the heads have been redesigned and its hotter. It makes better efficient use of the readily available boiling water we have already in our kitchens and is just one less electrical device to never go wrong that you can rely on. You can have a truely acceptable espresso from cold in 3 -4 mins no problem!!, with one tank change of boiling water at 2mins from cold. This is easily and conveniently done with the tap located on the front into a larger mug with your portafilter heating as well, so there is no extra inconvenience to the process!!

Here are some photos of assembly and final product that went out today, lucky owners. I wouldn't muck around if you want one, the 30 will go fast when people see it in real life. I have to say so so much work. I have never worked so hard. But the final product is what i imagined in every way, o expense anywhere has been spared, it breathes originality like no other. It comes in a wooden custom case lined with EVA foam, operating manual, custom branded annodised matching tamp, quality 14 or 21 gram baskets, and a set of stickers. And secondary packaging around all of this for shipping. Plenty of spares and backup for any problems. We made quite a bit of product so have plenty of spares made here in New Zealand which is another very cool part of it. The timber is a prized heartwood over here with amazing figure and we have coated it in multiple layers of high tech epoxy spray specifically for wooden coatings to protect from water.