'New' lever in the house!! - Brugnetti Aurora Single Group - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
dominico
Team HB

#11: Post by dominico »

Great score on that commercial vintage lever! Welcome to the vintage commercial lever club! We should start a VCLMWDP thread :)

That shower screen should work just fine, it's what I have on my two Faema Zodiaco groups.

What do you mean 2 group machines are fugly!?! The world's two most beautiful levers are 2 group models: (I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
KvW Idrocompresso
Faema President
To me, the two levers do a good job of balancing the "form" of the machine, they round out the upper contour rather than having an awkward vertical point in the middle like a single group, which always seems too wide of a base to have just one group on it.

Aesthetics aside, I also enjoy the benefit of being able to make 2 quads, do side by side comparisons, accurate blind taste tests, and all the other benefits of having two identical simultaneously working groups.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

jmc

#12: Post by jmc »

Congratulations Sam, I was wondering who scored that one.
It is probably the only lever machine I would consider instead of my Strega .
Whatever you do in the future don't sell it as the chance of replacement in OZ is very remote.
John
John

samuellaw178 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by samuellaw178 (original poster) »

dominico wrote: That shower screen should work just fine, it's what I have on my two Faema Zodiaco groups.
Thanks Dominick for the info on the shower screen! I will go ahead and order it.
dominico wrote: What do you mean 2 group machines are fugly!?! The world's two most beautiful levers are 2 group models: (I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
I should've thought about your President when I said that. But I still stand by that, just because there's no way I could fit a 2-group into my current home, and grapes are always sour when you can't get it. :mrgreen:
jmc wrote:Congratulations Sam, I was wondering who scored that one.
It is probably the only lever machine I would consider instead of my Strega .
Whatever you do in the future don't sell it as the chance of replacement in OZ is very remote.
John
Thanks John! Now you know what was the pump for when I contacted you on CS. :P

Agreed about your point - this is not something money can buy even if you want it. Sounds like you're speaking from experience. :P That being said, you do still have a few amazing 'toys' yourself! *winking at the conti 1 group*

Beanz

#14: Post by Beanz »

samuellaw178 wrote: i) Does anyone know how to disassemble the safety boiler valve 'safely'? The 'cup' is preventing my tool from going in and I can't think of a tool that can do such a job. I can always destroy the cup, but would prefer not to.
Sam I might have a spanner that will get in there which I can lend you. Can you estimate the dimension across the flats and I will dig around and grab a few of similar dimensions that we can try

Supporter ♡

#15: Post by samuellaw178 (original poster) replying to Beanz »

Hi Julian,
Appreciate that! By my rough measurement, it should be about 23-27mm. It's hard to get exact number because I had to measure 2cm away.

gor

#16: Post by gor »

Hi Sam
Diamond C haven't gone bust, they just moved to a new place in Thomastown in Melbourne. They would have all the parts you need.
Phone number is:
1300 302 522

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#17: Post by pizzaman383 »

www cafeparts com item 53369 looks to be that size.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Supporter ♡

#18: Post by samuellaw178 (original poster) »

gor wrote:Hi Sam
Diamond C haven't gone bust, they just moved to a new place in Thomastown in Melbourne. They would have all the parts you need.
Phone number is:
1300 302 522
Thanks!! Can't believe that it didn't occur to me to verify that information!
pizzaman383 wrote:www cafeparts com item 53369 looks to be that size.
Thanks Curtis!

And thanks for everyone's help! Looks like I almost got all I needed just after one day(I was expecting to have to dig harder myself), what an amazing community we have! :mrgreen:

cuppajoe

#19: Post by cuppajoe »

A coupla things -

It was mentioned that the Aurora was designed to run on line pressure. If confirmed, I'm interested in knowing how how 8-9 bar is achieved at the group. that would seem to imply that the whole thing runs at that pressure, boiler filling and all. The NS Beach I'm plugging away on seems to be set up for line use only, and my main concern is over pressuring the solenoid valves.

I also ran into a clearance problem getting the safety over pressure valve out of a Pavoni Professional. A small spark plug socket worked perfectly.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Supporter ♡

#20: Post by samuellaw178 (original poster) »

No problem David and thanks for the heads up. :mrgreen:

Here's how it's designed in my own understanding. There's no soloneid at all, all mechanical piping and valve. So you can fill the boiler or pull a 'room temp' shot if you want, without switching the machine on.

The grouphead is isolated from the circuit and boiler so nothing is pressurized over 3 bar except for the group head. When the group head is lifted up, the line pressure fills the group head and preinfuse the coffee.