NEW KvdW Lever Group! - Page 7

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Boldjava

#61: Post by Boldjava »

...and from Roast Mag's n/l this a.m. Oh, such beauty...

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2022/02/01/ ... f-15938325
-----
LMWDP #339

EddyQ

#62: Post by EddyQ »

espressotime wrote:Piston seal replacement takes 10 minutes. You can't go 10 minutes without coffee every 10 years or so? :mrgreen:
There is no way you can replace seals, heat the group up to a stable temperature in much less than an hour. And if you have a thermosyphon like mine it is also common for a slight air bubble to cause a stall. So the next morning your group may be cold. It is pretty nice having the other group ready to go.
LMWDP #671

EddyQ

#63: Post by EddyQ »

espressotime wrote:Still don see the advantage of atwo group machine unless you regularly have 6 people at the same time wanting coffee.
I wouldn't say regularly have the need for high volume. IF even on occasion you have a small crowd it is an advantage. It is your call if the advantage outweighs the added service and size.
LMWDP #671

espressotime

#64: Post by espressotime replying to EddyQ »

Ok.

espressotime

#65: Post by espressotime »

EddyQ wrote:There is no way you can replace seals, heat the group up to a stable temperature in much less than an hour. And if you have a thermosyphon like mine it is also common for a slight air bubble to cause a stall. So the next morning your group may be cold. It is pretty nice having the other group ready to go.
All true if you have a bar and can't miss the machine for an hour.

Erino

#66: Post by Erino »

I'm currently waiting on mine three group version of this machine.With all the custom stuff I wanted,I paid about 19K € for it so yeah it's pretty pricy.And from what I know there will not be 1 group version of it.Only 2 and 3 group version is available. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BaristaBoy E61 (original poster)

#67: Post by BaristaBoy E61 (original poster) »

Congrats - Please do post back on unboxing etc.!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

G.F.

#68: Post by G.F. »

I will buy speedster again with lever group.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#69: Post by JohnB. replying to G.F. »

That's not going to happen. Kees said the Speedster tips easily with the lever group due to the leg design & lack of weight at the rear.
LMWDP 267

G.F.

#70: Post by G.F. replying to JohnB. »

Thank you for clarifying that.