NEW KvdW Lever Group! - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
RobAnybody

#31: Post by RobAnybody »

Marcelnl wrote:My problem is that I probably could, so I now need to talk myself out of wanting it rather than sigh and think 'maybe later...'
I have no need for it other than to satisfy my greed and lust for it :oops:
maybe you should just get one so we can come over and play with it :wink: :mrgreen:
LMWDP #647

Marcelnl

#32: Post by Marcelnl »

RobAnybody wrote:maybe you should just get one so we can come over and play with it :mrgreen:
Hmm let me see if I'm THAT desperate for play dates..... I somehow think we can make do with the Urania if it comes to that point in this :evil: Lockdown.
:wink:
LMWDP #483

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by JohnB. »

Base price for the 2 group Slim Jim Idrocompresso is 16,500 Euro/$18,800. Options can easily add another 1000 Euro.
LMWDP 267

DonFelipe

#34: Post by DonFelipe »

:D ... me using all the "tools" negotiating the Acs with the chief commander and she thinks its expensive !! I will also ask for a quoting to show her

Steveholt

#35: Post by Steveholt »

JohnB. wrote:Base price for the 2 group Slim Jim Idrocompresso is 16,500 Euro/$18,800. Options can easily add another 1000 Euro.
So not a million miles from a LM leva X at all.
I take it one group is not an option at the moment?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by JohnB. replying to Steveholt »

It's not an option at the moment & I doubt that it will become one. Kees had no interest in building a 1 group Idrocompresso with the previous style group. It would be nice to see a Speedster/ 1 group version & I do plan to ask him if that will ever happen.
LMWDP 267

caeffe

#37: Post by caeffe replying to JohnB. »

I recall that he made a 1 group Speedster Leva before... or maybe I was dreaming. Maybe it was a one-off custom for someone who paid big bucks/euros/pounds for it.

Yes... a Speedster 1 group Leva would be nice. Probably a feature that I'd appreciate for peace of mind with my wife is the "safety" one where it slows down or stops the lever from coming up quickly when there's no resistance. Highly doubt I'd be able to afford though - maybe someday when money is of no consequence
LMWDP #162

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by JohnB. »

caeffe wrote:I recall that he made a 1 group Speedster Leva before... or maybe I was dreaming. Maybe it was a one-off custom for someone who paid big bucks/euros/pounds for it.
I recall a Speedster/lever test mule photo that Kees put together but never saw anything that he'd offer for sale
LMWDP 267

TomC
Team HB

#39: Post by TomC »

I have an old grainy photo of it on my laptop at home. The tipping risk was the main reason and it's not like he'd sell a ton of them. His bread and butter is obviously commercial interests.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#40: Post by pizzaman383 »

If I ever have the money and space for this class of machine then a two-group lever would be just fine.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”