New Izzo Alex Leva - Grouphead loose? - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bgn

#41: Post by bgn »

OP, are you in the US or Canada? Cafe Tech in Edmonton seems to have them in stock. But they have an affiliation of some sorts with CC, so perhaps it's the same machines.

JG (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by JG (original poster) »

mathof wrote:The business end of the Compressa (the group) is Italian. The rest is plumbing, which I believe is as well done in Birmingham as Italy.
True. I'm in touch with Reiss and considering - it's definitely growing on me.
bgn wrote:OP, are you in the US or Canada? Cafe Tech in Edmonton seems to have them in stock. But they have an affiliation of some sorts with CC, so perhaps it's the same machines.
US - Cafe Tech said they work with the nearest distributor to my location, which would def be CCS since they are the only ones having the 2 units mentioned earlier in stock right now. But thanks for checking!

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
drH
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by drH »

JG wrote:True. I'm in touch with Reiss and considering - it's definitely growing on me.

US - Cafe Tech said they work with the nearest distributor to my location, which would def be CCS since they are the only ones having the 2 units mentioned earlier in stock right now. But thanks for checking!

So how is it going? Any progress?

JG (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by JG (original poster) »

Sorry for the delay in updating - work got between me and my coffee issues :)

I'm pretty much set on ordering a Compressa. By doing more research and asking around I figured that really I would want a single spring lever. Bosco is too much for me in the US - I'm actually keeping it in the back of my mind for when/if I move back to Europe where I'm from, and where it can be had for a lot less.

Initially, I didn't get the idea behind the Compressa, or at least viewed it as a lackluster sidekick to the R24. Only after some time I realized its true value: it fills a total gap by offering the pressure profile of a single spring lever in the budget of the usual suspects (Izzo, Profitec).

Haven't placed the order yet cause I may travel for the rest of the summer, but will not leave this thread without a satisfactory end result pic.

Thanks for checking in!