New domestic lever espresso machine with commercial group - Page 20

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bluecold

#191: Post by Bluecold » Oct 25, 2012, 12:10 pm

donn wrote:and the price of a vintage Peppina doesn't necessarily have a lot to do with it.)
At the risk of taking this too far offtopic, why not? A La Peppina, (or more comparable, a Caravel) arguably does the same thing as the ES2. Why has the price of a vintage gravity fed lever nothing to do with a realistical price target for a mass market ES2?
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

tekomino

#192: Post by tekomino » Oct 25, 2012, 1:01 pm

Bluecold wrote:Why has the price of a vintage gravity fed lever nothing to do with a realistical price target for a mass market ES2?
This is off topic, but one is old the other is new, big difference.
Refuse to wing it! http://10000shots.com

ziobeege_72

#193: Post by ziobeege_72 » Oct 25, 2012, 1:11 pm

Bluecold wrote:...a mass market ES2?
And how many people do we really think would be interested in a gravity fed machine - infact any 'proper espresso' machine that doesn't produce steam? I reckon you can count them as they would be all on this forum! It is never going to be any more than a uber niche product, which means it will never be in anyone's interest to manufacture - unless they can charge a pretty penny for it or that they do it as a real labour of love. I fear that for those who want gravity fed only machine for sub $300 then they will need to keep ebaying for quite a while yet.