Need replacement boiler cap for Bezzera Familia - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mogogear

#11: Post by mogogear »

Great info Ideor! Se you just keep revealing all these pearls .....
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

aaronmaestri (original poster)

#12: Post by aaronmaestri (original poster) »

unfortunately no luck with this yet and I'm nearly out of time. I have tried an o-ring with some limited success but once the machine heats up the seal is gone. I guess that means i might have more luck with a thicker o-ring but with only a few more weeks until i have to move to sydney i am wondering if i should just sell it as is and let someone else find the right o-ring. It is so frustrating.

peacecup

#13: Post by peacecup »

I'll bet the Aussies are pretty resourceful, and they have lots of Italian espresso machine importers. If you're moving a bunch of stuff anyway, the Family might not be that much extra. Worst case you could have someone braze on a new male nipple like most current machines have, then get a replacement cap from one.

I have never used that Bezzera 49-mm spring lever group, but they are difficult to come by. If you really like the machine and the group design you may want to keep it because they are not readily available.

You could PM Paul in Christchurch NZ - I'll bet he might have info. on distribuotors, machines, etc. "down under"

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

mogogear

#14: Post by mogogear »

It might just prove to be a nice silicone seal for an Atomic Coffee maker might be a good deal for your cap. They sell them in Australia - I would let a simple thing like a seal for this cap deter you... hang on to it!

Good luck in OZ!
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067