Move the pressure gauge of Cafelat Robot with 3D printed part

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
santiagoluz

#1: Post by santiagoluz »

This is a tiny part for Cafelat Robot espresso machine. It is used to move the original pressure gauge from the robot arms (which is visible from the front) to the top of the machine, so user can see the pressure from above the machine.

You just need to get this part 3d printed and a M5 screw a little bit longer than the original one. The original one is 6.4mm of length and this part adds 5.0mm. I'm using a screw with 11.8mm of length.

I created 4 different versions of the part. One as shown in the video, so the gauge will be centered but the 3D printed part will be visible and another one that is completely hidden by the bracket, but the gauge will be off centered. Both have versions with and without the hole to store the original screw on the side of it.

How it works and how to install it
Download the STL file to print it
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/ca ... uge-holder

Donate
If it works for you and if you want to, you can buy me a coffee! :P
https://ko-fi.com/santiagoluz

Ken5
Supporter ★

#2: Post by Ken5 »

Very nice!

I am imagining how it would be on my robot and it seems like it would be much better! I made a tick mark with a sharpie marker where I aim the needle to go an it works just alright. That would be much better!

There was a video where Paul basically mentions that having the gauge mounted on the arm helps keep the cable between the gauge and the piston in line. It does seem that the mounting bracket basically moves the same distance as the piston. The mounting bracket in your video seems to work well!

Again as I mentioned in your other post with the your self leveling design, wish I had a 3D printer.

santiagoluz (original poster)

#3: Post by santiagoluz (original poster) »

Thanks Ken. I find it really helpful and so far it's working pretty fine - I think for more than 2 months.

I finally bought a second handed 3d printer and I'm still trying to find time to properly calibrate it. It's kind of learning how to dial a espresso shot correctly. :P

I still want to post the STL files for the robot arms mittens. I designed it in two parts, so you just need to screw them together. But I had to sand the threads because of tollerances were not quite right. So after I can print it in my printer, I'll adjust the design accordingly and post it here.

Then, if you want, you can click DOWNLOAD in the Cults3d and check how much it would cost to order them from some of the 3d printing companies they list there.

BTW, this last video I shot using rear camera, so no mirrored image (and no need to mirror it in post). :)

Ken5
Supporter ★

#4: Post by Ken5 »

Amazed at how nice that solution that you came up with looks! The bracket and screw mounted on end, brilliant execution to save screw, hide the plastic so well that it looks like it is part of the original design.

All your ideas are great! Like the magnets to hold up the arms too!

Ken