LUSSOCLUB Chimera

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
missionhb

#1: Post by missionhb »

Hi all,
found on the web: a SAMAOLYMPIA model "LUSSOCLUB" ?????
No idea of what happened..
Cheers,
F

LMWDP CLXXIV

Bluecold

#2: Post by Bluecold »

Looks like an frankenstein from an Olympia and a Sama.
The group looks Sama, the boiler looks olympia. The bottom and drip tray look Sama, but the front plate Olympia (wider). The rear cover then probably is widened.
I based my conclusions on the pictures found here and here
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

garth breaks

#3: Post by garth breaks »

I'd have to agree with bluecold on this - I've got a Sama Lusso (with a problem boiler, so I've spent enough time examining it) and I was just looking at the innards of an Olympia Club this weekend.
Not a bad looking frankenlever if you ask me - should be quality parts all 'round. Provided it fires up and gets to pressure with no major leaks, it could well be worth your while if the price is right...

timo888

#4: Post by timo888 »

Yes, the machine does have a number of things in common with the Oly Club: high-quality drip tray (Samas tend to be flat plates with small holes drilled too far apart to be of much use), easy-access boiler fill neck (Samas require the top to be removed); knobs on front (Samas have them typically on the sides).

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#5: Post by orphanespresso »

We have the identical machine called a La Romana, and I had assumed it was made by SAMA, but with Timo's description it doesn't sound like a SAMA manufacture. Same shape knobs, same layout and boiler, same pstat, and likely the same seals, unobtainium and redone using our secret recipe locked in a vault with the Colonels secret chicken spice formula......nonono....I got enough grief over the pin pulling thing....but the machine does look like the La Romana, and we have seen pics of a machine also identical in Australia of a La Musette. No information on the manufacture of either machine but it is the same as this Samalusso made my Olympiasamavecchio.

peacecup

#6: Post by peacecup »

What is the diameter of the basket. The group looks like a Ponte Vecchio, but the diameter looks larger, like a 49mm
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

timo888

#7: Post by timo888 »

orphanespresso wrote:We have the identical machine called a La Romana, and I had assumed it was made by SAMA, but with Timo's description it doesn't sound like a SAMA manufacture. Same shape knobs, same layout and boiler, same pstat, and likely the same seals, unobtainium and redone using our secret recipe locked in a vault with the Colonels secret chicken spice formula......nonono....I got enough grief over the pin pulling thing....but the machine does look like the La Romana, and we have seen pics of a machine also identical in Australia of a La Musette. No information on the manufacture of either machine but it is the same as this Samalusso made my Olympiasamavecchio.
Back in ought-seven, I had custom u-seals (45 x 35.5 x 7mm) fabricated by a small company in Austria, using white FDA food-grade EPDM. Pricey in small quantities, especially since I ruined a couple trying to put them on the piston not having the right tools.